Star cabin 11116

dr28326

No, your cabin itself doesn't overlook the lobby. But, when you come out your door you can walk to the railing that does overlook the lobby. A quick search of webshots came up with some pictures of a BA balcony on the Star:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/304050633OEtgaw

This is the full album that shows 2 types of cabins. The BA Balcony is about halfway down the page.

You will love having a balcony cabin! We had a minisuite on the Dawn out of Miami, balcony on the Gem out of NYC last January, and will have a minisuite again an 2013 on the Star. We ordered breakfast room service every morning just so we could have coffee outside. Lovely way to start the day.:D

The balcony cabins are worth the extra money. I would rather cut corners in other areas, then give up the balcony option. The balcony adds so much to your experience. Amazing views and the fresh air.

Our 1st balcony cabin! October 21 repo cruise for 14 days. Anyone have any pictures of this kind of cabin and balcony? According to the diagram, these cabins are where you overlook the lobby?

Please join the rollcall thread for this cruise. So much to learn; tours to share, hotel info (both NY and NOLA), shuttles, etc. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32719987#post32719987

• 5 months later...

I had this very cabin in 2008 on an Alaskan cruise. It was great for us. It does open up to a section of the hallway outside the door. Just around the corner is the staircase. Always convenient if you want to grab something quick from the buffet. It's also just as close to the pool.

We never had issues with noise from above. Unless they changed the layout, your cabin is directly under a buffet station set up for children. On our cruise, it didn't seem to get much traffic.

Just like Kaye had said. The balcony is a bit larger than other cabins of this type. I spent plenty of time out there enjoying the sights, especially the mornings as we were pulling into ports.

I hope this helps. I don't think I have any pictures of the cabin.

I saw this thread, and was curious, as I have 11116 on the Dawn. I had thought these two ships were twins, but after looking at the deck plans, I see that there are slight differences....

On the Star, that cabin is among four on each side of the ship that are as mentioned earlier, balcony cabins that have the larger balconies like the neighboring minisuites....some call these 'bonus' anomalies 'secret cabins'.

On the Dawn, there are only two on each side. Where the Star has four, the Dawn combines the center two on each side into one Accessible Mini-Suite, of which 11116 is one of on the Dawn.

Archived