Eastern Carribbean-Shore Excusion the BEST

We are going on Oasis of the Seas in May. We are on the Eastern Carribbean cruise. Which shore excusion is the best? We are thinking about going to a beach? We'll have DD (10 yrs) DH and myself.

Take the boat ferry to Trunk Bay in St John...one of the top 10 beaches in the world...you can hang out at the beach or get snorkeling stuff. It is also a national park, so it is pretty clean.

Take the boat ferry to Trunk Bay in St John...one of the top 10 beaches in the world...you can hang out at the beach or get snorkeling stuff. It is also a national park, so it is pretty clean.

Thanks for the info!!

BTW...I'm a NOLE, too!!! Work in Tallahassee, too!!!

No problem...GO NOLES..we are going on the Allure April 1st, 4 more weeks!!!...the whole family. My brother still lives and works up in Tally for the state dept. Up there all the time during football season. Hope we do good in the tourney this year.

You really don't need an "excursion" to go to the beach in most places....going from St. Thomas over to St. John is one that is easiest with an excursion for transportation!! The beaches there are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

We are going on Oasis of the Seas in May. We are on the Eastern Carribbean cruise. Which shore excusion is the best? We are thinking about going to a beach? We'll have DD (10 yrs) DH and myself.

If you are going to be going to St. Martin, I strongly recommend Bernard's Tour. It takes you to both the Dutch and French sides of the island and is one of the best ways to get to see the entire island. It also includes stops at Moho Beach (where the planes land right over the beach) and about an hour at Orient Beach so the beach time is covered as well. I have taken this tour twice and am seriously thinking about booking it again when I sail on Freedom in September. This is just my opinion, of course, but everyone who I have gone with on the tour has really enjoyed it also.

Hope you have a terrific cruise!

http://www.bernardstours.com/

I also agree with the recommendation of Bernard's Tour on St. Maarten!

If you wish to do something simpler (cheaper), then you can just walk down the pedestrian walkway into town - there is a nice little beach there too. It's about 15-20 minutes to walk, but they also have a water taxi.

In St Thomas, we used Papa Bear www.havefunwithus.net and he was awesome!

I would recommend the "lovely island and beach tour" in St Thomas. This includes St Peter Great House and Magen's Bay for 2-3 hours. Research on RCC website. I've also been on the St. John's Trunk Bay excursion. Nice scenic beach, but narrow and slightly steep. Water was too rough to swim when I was there. Water becomes deep quickly. St. Maarten I've rented a car and gone to Orient Beach. Nice beach,includes a family beach and FYI a nude beach at the far end. Some topless women on both beaches. I would recommend a taxi to Marigot, and to Orient Beach. Wouldn't rent a car there again. Road signs are lacking.

we are doing

1. atlantis beach day

2. st. john--trunk bay (beach day)

3. bernards private tour (going to Le Galion and Maho)...and another beach day!

....all with a 8 month old!! cant wait!!

we have done atlantis and st. john (our fav. place in the whole world) and everyone says bernards is the best!

Archived