Do you have to book air thru X to use luggage valet service?

CarolinaMamma

Getting ready to book air for our cruise. We are considering using some frequent flyer miles for our tickets, but we want to use the luggage valet service to get our luggage for family of 5 to the airport at the end of our cruise.

Does air have to be booked through Celebrity to use this service?

Are there any other restrictions, such as time of the flight? We are considering an 11:55 a.m. flight.

Information on Celbrity site is rather vague. We have confirmed that luggage valet service is available for our airline and in our port city (Seattle) but we don't know much beyond that and it sounds like we can't book the valet service until we are on board. Would love to have some assurance that we will, indeed, be able to use it.

No you don't have to book air with Celebrity. They say your flight should be after noon(12). Just because the city and ship and airline is listed doesn't mean they will have it. On our Century cruise last year it was city,ship/airline was listed but they didn't have it. I kept asking and they jut didn't have it for that cruise. I'm hopeful for my cruise on Equinox in a couple of weeks.

I just LOVE this service and use it whenever possible. Candbgirl is correct, just because it's listed doesn't mean they will have it for your cruise. I've also had it canceled because of not enough participation. :confused: So for sure fill out the forms as soon as you can and return them to GR.

I think if more people tried it they would love it. It takes such a load (no pun intended) off at disembarkation!

I have had Southwest (who generally doesn't participate in this program) have an agent outside where you pick up your luggage to take it from you and transport it to the airport for you. That was a very pleasant surprise !

Thanks. You all have confirmed for me that we should not book a red eye flight back to the east coast, even though the fares are cheaper. If there's no guarantee that valet service is available, having to deal with our luggage all day in Seattle would be a nightmare! So we will look for the rare flight that is after noon but not too late and HOPE that valet service will be available for our cruise.

I wonder how strict they are about the noon cutoff, if 11:55 would be close enough.

I do wish they would consistently offer this so that we could book in advance and have it all taken care of.

Anyone know what the earliest flight is that you could make after diembarkation? I was only looking at flights after 11a.m. To be safe, but if we could make an earlier flight, I may consider other options.

Archived