Bayonne, NJ Port sold ????

jobu

I would be very happy with Cape Liberty if RCCL provided transportation from NYC. As it stands, traveling to Baltimore is easier for me and so, of course, are the 2 cruise ship ports in the city. As for the bus from the terminal building to the ship, it's awful if you are disabled. The entrance to the bus was designed for streets with curbs so it's a big step up from the road level at the terminal. Not easy, especially if you have carry-on. There is staff to assist you but it's still not as good as a step unit or a kneeling bus would be. But the lack of decent services has a lot to do with relying on the city of Bayonne.

I would be very happy with Cape Liberty if RCCL provided transportation from NYC. As it stands, traveling to Baltimore is easier for me and so, of course, are the 2 cruise ship ports in the city. As for the bus from the terminal building to the ship, it's awful if you are disabled. The entrance to the bus was designed for streets with curbs so it's a big step up from the road level at the terminal. Not easy, especially if you have carry-on. There is staff to assist you but it's still not as good as a step unit or a kneeling bus would be. But the lack of decent services has a lot to do with relying on the city of Bayonne.

I thought of this a few times. Wonder if it would be feasible to have a ferry running a few times per sailing days from Manhatten to Bayonne?

Just thinking out of the box

Just because RCCL aren't running the port, leasing the land or whatever, doesn't mean they will stop sailing.

Under RCCL's supervision, Carnival Corporation have had some of their ships use Bayonne from time to time, presumably when there has been no space in Manhattan.

I am not aware of Carnival ever using the Bayonne terminal. I know that they have the Brooklyn terminal and also use Manhattan

The Brooklyn terminal can only handlw one ship at a time and it is used by all of Carnival Corp cruise lines, Carnival, Holland America, Cunard, Princess

Archived