Beverage / beer questions

nicki_momof3

We are planning our first curise on NCL Epic. We have cruised before and loved it but we have only cruised on Disney. One great thing about disney is you can bring as much beer and beverages on board as you can carry on. The rooms also had fridges for we always had cold beer (carried it to the deck in a little 6 pack cooler tote). Soda's are free on DCL so no soda card needed.

My question are:

1. From what I have read you can not bring any drinks on board. Is this correct. I thought I read you could bring wine.

2. Soda card - is this also needed for lemonade and iced tea?

3. Are there wine packages? If so anyone know a price?

Thanks everyone

We are planning our first curise on NCL Epic. We have cruised before and loved it but we have only cruised on Disney. One great thing about disney is you can bring as much beer and beverages on board as you can carry on. The rooms also had fridges for we always had cold beer (carried it to the deck in a little 6 pack cooler tote). Soda's are free on DCL so no soda card needed.

My question are:

1. From what I have read you can not bring any drinks on board. Is this correct. I thought I read you could bring wine.

Thanks everyone

NCL FAQ

"Please note that with the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,000 ml Bottle: $ 20.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00"

You can bring soda and bottled water on board, without a problem.

Soda card, I believe, only covers fountain drinks. Ice tea is available at no charge. Some ships may or may not have lemonade available in the buffet.

Wine packages are offered in the atrium. Sorry I'm not sure what the discount is, but I know there is a discount.

Hi

1. Not correct. You cannot bring any alcoholic beverages on board, except wine as I will explain below in 3. You may bring soda, water, juice etc. I just put a luggage tag on my case of soda and check it with my bags.

2. Iced tea is always available for free at the Buffet. Lemonade is not.

3. They have wine packages that discount the price of the wine if you buy all at one time at beginning of cruise. I think you can buy 4 or 6 bottles. Price will depend on actual wines you choose. You can also bring wine on board, but when you check in, you will need to pay a corkage fee of $15 dollars per bottle (it is higher if you bring on liter bottles but I am not sure how much). If you drink expensive wine, this almost always ends up cheaper.

Wine package on one trip was 15% off the other was 20% off you must buy min 7 bottles picked right then on a 7 day and I had to buy 4 on the 3 day. Bottles ranged from $28- to over a $100 most under $50 and good selection in the $30-38 range. You still have tax and 15% tip.

The rules on alchohol are posted in all the documents you get before sailing, but people always try and bring on liquor - right or wrong. Some get stopped and some don't.

We just returned on the Gem this weekend, I packed 3 boxes of "good wine" (not Almaden or Franzia) in a seperate small suitcase and it arrived to my stateroom with no issues. We just wanted to have decent wine for our cabin and balcony and not have to pay a $15 fee for each bottle brought on board if we didn't have to. We tried, we made it. Our steward left us fresh wine glasses every afternoon.

Just FYI - the Gem's bottle of house red wine is Tisdale Merlot. $3.99 at my local package store. Norwegians price $22 + 15% = $25.30. Really?

I did buy drinks on the sundeck and at the clubs, and also several glasses of wine at the bar. And I added gratuity to my servers who gave great service all week.

I don't consider it a crime to bring wine on board under cover, but I do consider charging $25 for a bottle of Tisdale a crime. Just sayin...

My question are:

Thanks everyone

You cannot bring beer or alcohol onboard with the exception of wine. You will pay a $15 per 750ml bottle corkage fee to enjoy anywhere on the ship. This includes drinking it in your cabin.

You may bring bottled water and soda onboard. NCL serves Pepsi products in its fleet.

Iced tea and water are available as well as coffee for free. At breakfast, juices are also available as well as milk and chocolate milk for free. Soda card is just for soda. If you like lemonade, you might want to bring those mixes and add to your water.

Must purchase seven bottles of wine and the savings is 20 percent.

One thing I did in my balcony cabin was carry glasses of cranberry juice, etc. from the buffet dispensers after breakfast, to leave in the fridge. That way, if juice isn't available from lunch on, I have my juice.

Archived