FOS GS 1268 "Yellow Glass"

As I understand it from reading previous threads, GS 1268 on Freedom is under the cantilevered hot tub (not directly under, but right next to them).

Does this have the yellow glass and if so, does it indeed make it difficult to look through?

I have seen some threads that say yes and others that don't even mention it. (We spend lots of time on our balcony staring out to sea, so this could have a major impact on us.)

Thanks for any info.

I just sailed in GS 1260 on Liberty. It is also not directly under the hottub but one cabin forward of that one. Half of our balcony was the tinted (blue from the inside) and the other half was clear. We just positioned the loungers on the clear half and the table and chairs on the tinted half and we were happy. It was nice I have a little extra space from the hump as well. Not as much as directly under the tub, but they also have the darker glass on both halves. I took pictures I will try to post later

Have been in 1568 on The Independence in the same position as 1268 but on the opposite side of the ship. One half of our balcony had the yellow tinted glass and the other half had the plain glass, we did not find it to be a problem.

Have been in 1568 on The Independence in the same position as 1268 but on the opposite side of the ship. One half of our balcony had the yellow tinted glass and the other half had the plain glass, we did not find it to be a problem.

Thanks, that's good to know. At least half of the glass will be "normal" :D. Is the tinted glass odd to look through (does the ocean look strange because of it)?

As I understand it from reading previous threads, GS 1268 on Freedom is under the cantilevered hot tub (not directly under, but right next to them).

Does this have the yellow glass and if so, does it indeed make it difficult to look through?

I have seen some threads that say yes and others that don't even mention it. (We spend lots of time on our balcony staring out to sea, so this could have a major impact on us.)

Thanks for any info.

We had 1268 on the January 29th sailing. If that glass was tinted we never noticed and we spent a lot of time out there.

We had 1268 on the January 29th sailing. If that glass was tinted we never noticed and we spent a lot of time out there.

Great, that's good to know!

Did you find this cabin to be quiet or did you notice much noise from above (i.e. moving of chairs and such)?

I stayed in 1268 in April 2009. The balcony is half and half. The room and balcony pics in this album are of 1268. Click the picture to see the album (there are also some other misc shots including the now removed Solarium hammocks made famous by Samantha Brown). I don't remember any "odd view" and I spend a lot of time on the balcony reading and watching the ocean

2854491930103236660mQEYFR_th.jpg

Archived