Take birth cert. on islands???

Jade2Have

Hey, (I'm new)

>>Can anyone tell me if I have to take my birth certificate with me when I leave the ship at ports of call???

>>My husbands birth certificate is 23 years old... (but it does have that raised seal)... should we get a new one before we leave??

>>Our ship departs from TX at 4:00PM, what time should we get there to make it thought customs and security??

>>They said they would send us SOMETHING in the mail a week or two before we are to leave. What is it??

Any help would be great cause I don't know what I'm doing! :rolleyes: Thankyou!

Hey, (I'm new)

>>Can anyone tell me if I have to take my birth certificate with me when I leave the ship at ports of call???

>>My husbands birth certificate is 23 years old... (but it does have that raised seal)... should we get a new one before we leave??

>>Our ship departs from TX at 4:00PM, what time should we get there to make it thought customs and security??

>>They said they would send us SOMETHING in the mail a week or two before we are to leave. What is it??

Any help would be great cause I don't know what I'm doing! :rolleyes: Thankyou!

Jade, I can answer your questions.

1. You only need to take your SeaPass on shore for most islands. Sometimes you are asked to take along picture ID. (Driver's license will do.)

2. I don't see why you should need a new birth certificate. Just be sure it isn't the one from the hospital which has those cute little footprints on it. That isn't the government issued one.

3. I usually try to be on the pier at 11:00 for a 5 p.m. departure. That way I feel like I am getting an extra day on the ship!

4. Could the "something" be your cruise documents? That is the only thing I can think of that they would be sending you. Those include your tickets, personal information, on board credit card info to fill out, excursion information, etc.

Have you filled out your on-line information? You will need to do that.

Have a great cruise. You are in for the best time!

Michelle

You don't have to take the birth certificate on the island with you. I would suggest that you get passports (not necessarily for this cruise) because as of 12/31/05 you'll need one for all cruises. If you're anything like most of us on these boards, after one cruise you'll be addicted and will want to take more.

Happy sailing!

We leave all original documents on the ship in the safe and carry photo copies, just incase we get left behind by the ship, you never know when you might need them :) With the exception of our drivers lic, we carry the original and have photo copies in the safe :) We also photo copy all credit and bank cards we take, incase they are lost or stolen, we have the numbers to report then missing.

Archived