Review of Enchantment OTS Feb 27 -> March 10, 2012 w/ pictures

Hi, wondering if the shows have changed from last June. We were on EOS last June and the Nov prior...hoping new showes in May....

The two production shows are:

1) Can't Stop the Rock (A tribute to great movie music)

2) Stage to Screen (From Broadway come the hits that made it to the Hollywood big screen including "Hairspray", "Chicago" & "Little Shop of Horrors")

Thanks for posting especially the pictures of your JS. We have a aft JS for our cruise to Bermuda in June on this ship and I was anxious to see what they looked like. THe decor and color scheme in the cabins seem a bit dated to me. Did you feel like the ship needed some refurbishment???

thank you so much for this fabulous review. I caught it when you started posting while on the ship, and decided to just wait until you were home to read the entire thing. I'm so glad you posted this in a separate thread!

Would love to cruise with you one day. You sound like a roll with a punches kind of person, and I loved your writing style :)

Thanks for posting especially the pictures of your JS. We have a aft JS for our cruise to Bermuda in June on this ship and I was anxious to see what they looked like. THe decor and color scheme in the cabins seem a bit dated to me. Did you feel like the ship needed some refurbishment???

The ship looks okay, but could use an update. It is currently scheduled for a December 2012 dry dock.

I have sent links to your review to a lot of my friends that I am trying to get interested in cruising. Your style and the photos are the best thing I have ever found to "get the point" across. We (my friends and I) are all retiring now and the fun is suppose to start! Let's hope the economy doesn't make this all go away!

Thanks again for a great review.

Sudsy:D

Great pics and reviews!!!!

I have been looking for info and pictures of the Vision class as I am close to booking the Vision on Nov. 12th of this year.

On a side note: Did you find the lay out of your hotel room a little odd with the bed against the back wall. Also nothing hanging on the walls besides a mirror and two small prints in the corner. Just an observation.

Once again, thanks for the great pictures and reviews!!!!:)

Edited by Gilgo Surfer

Before I booked on the Enchantment I talked to a neighbor of mine who is north of 65. She sailed on this ship last year and I wanted her opinion. She felt that while the ship was well maintained the decor and furnishings were shop worn and very dated. From looking at these pictures that would appear to be true. I haven't seen a color scheme like that since the 80's. Blue carpet and mauve furniture! On My!

I thin the ship is going into dry dock in December. Does anyone know what will be done during that time?

Great pics and reviews!!!!

I have been looking for info and pictures of the Vision class as I am close to booking the Vision on Nov. 12th of this year.

On a side note: Did you find the lay out of your hotel room a little odd with the bed against the back wall. Also nothing hanging on the walls besides a mirror and two small prints in the corner. Just an observation.

Once again, thanks for the great pictures and reviews!!!!:)

Except for the chair (which was not comfortable) the hotel served its purpose. I had no real complaints.

Before I booked on the Enchantment I talked to a neighbor of mine who is north of 65. She sailed on this ship last year and I wanted her opinion. She felt that while the ship was well maintained the decor and furnishings were shop worn and very dated. From looking at these pictures that would appear to be true. I haven't seen a color scheme like that since the 80's. Blue carpet and mauve furniture! On My!

I thin the ship is going into dry dock in December. Does anyone know what will be done during that time?

That question was asked at the Captain's Corner. At this point neither the captain nor the hotel director knew the answer to that question. They said it will depend on what is being done to the other ships that go into dry dock before the Enchantment does.