Costa offer to HAL Cruisers

Fontana

I received a Costa email the other day and didn't think anything about it. I often receive offers from cruiselines I've never sailed, including Regent, Oceania, Silverseas, and Crystal. Sometimes I think they have mistaken me for someone who recently won the lottery.

I can't help feeling bad for Costa. I started sailing in the 70s, and I remember quite well when CarlaC was one of the most popular and well respected ships sailing the Caribbean. I never sailed her myself, but I had friends who just loved that ship and went back over and over again for the good Italian food and the fun they had onboard. It's too bad that one arrogant captain has caused so many problems. It's going to take Costa a long, long time to recover.

Got both e-mail and snail mail offers.

I only have one friend who ever sailed on Costa and she stated it was an "ok" cruise.

I admit that one time was thinking about trying Costa. At this point no. I might a year or two later.

If I even try to book a cruise on Costa, my mother would place me in the looney house :D!

Since Costa, like HAL, are under the Carnival corp. I've also received e-mail and snail mail for Princess and Cunard almost every week. They are really trying to drum up the business.

Archived