Tell me all about the dawn

jonj

I have been reading some of the reports from the Dawn from people just back

We are going June 20 as a last minute trip. I have seen the ship but not having time to plan I would love to hear some tips and suggestions on everything you can share with me

I see that a lot of people haven't had a hard time with the restaurants and getting in but being June 20 and schools are all out I am worried that it will be a little harder. Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks

1000s of tip here but with the search funtion not really working hard to find.

If you don't want to wait at all to eat and your not traveling with kids two suggestions:

1. Eat late. 9:15-9:45 - hit the poolside cookout at 4, relax, change clotes, have a beverage, and walk into any dinning room.

2. If you want to see the show and eat a little earlier sit by the exit and as the show ends walk to Impressions. There is always a line just after the early show gets out. (8:15-8:45) if you get ahead of it there are always tables open from those that finished in time for the late show. If this fails see rule number1

One other suggestion - relax and enjoy a great cruise.

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,
Norway 3/94,4/96
Dreamward 4/97
Dream 12/99
QE2 4/02
Carnival Spirit 7/02
NCL Sun 10/03
NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;22;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]  Alaska Sun

We've been on the Dawn twice, and her sister the Star. Our normal game plan was to eat early, usually 6 PM, then go to the early show, allowing us late night time to hit Spinnakers or some other lounge for drinks and entertainment. We have waited only twice for dinner, and both of those happened to be when we were caught with a mid evening meal without reservations, and had to wait for Impressions, about 20 - 30 min. For Cagney's and Le Bistro, highly recommended, we made reservations for 5:30, and/or made plans for the late show.

Tom/Connecticut

Archived