Avalon Blue Danube Budapest to Prague -time in Vienna

MayasWay

According to the schedule, we'll travel the first day only on the river, but does anyone know if we'll arrive in Vienna that evening and be able to disembark?

I was on an Avalon cruise on the Rhine that did this unannounced in Cologne and we were not clued in and missed out. Don't want that to happen again.

We did this cruise last September and according to the daily newsletter we arrived in Vienna at 6 pm on the Thursday and left at 10.30pm on the Friday. The ship moored within a few minutes' walk of a underground station so getting into the centre under your

own steam was pretty easy (3 stops on the underground).

According to the schedule, we'll travel the first day only on the river, but does anyone know if we'll arrive in Vienna that evening and be able to disembark?

I was on an Avalon cruise on the Rhine that did this unannounced in Cologne and we were not clued in and missed out. Don't want that to happen again.

Could you explain your last sentence? It reads as if the shipped docked but you were not aware of it. I don't understand that unless you were sleeping.

• 10 months later...

I believe you can get your dock times. Just email customer service and give your Booking number and they should send you the dock times and even the addresses of where they dock. This has worked with Uniworld for me, so I'm not sure about Avalon. Being an obsessive planner, I couldn't dream of going on a cruise without this information ahead of time. Just remember, it is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, but it gives you a guideline you can work with.

Archived