Diamond Plus coupon books

Can anyone tell me if the Buy One Get One Free coupons for the specialty restaurants are still in the coupon books?

Yes, they are still distributing the books that expired 2/29/2012. Once those are gone they will start distributing new books and if there are changes they will be minimial if any at all.

Yes, they are still distributing the books that expired 2/29/2012. Once those are gone they will start distributing new books and if there are changes they will be minimial if any at all.

Patti,

Thanks for the post. I posted my question here first before I called the DP desk. I didn't get a quick response so called them directly. They did not have a copy of any new coupon books. They told me basically the same thing you have posted here. Thanks for your reply.

I booked chops today...... what a mess. I tried booking a table of four and was told I couldn't do that. I could only book a table for the number of people in my cabin. I gave the agent the others couples name and booking number. The agent booked us for 8 PM on the first night. I then had to call the other couple with her on the line and get permission from them that they be added to the table, with me charging the bill to my credit card. After getting their permission the agent tried to book another 8 PM reservation onlyto come back and tell me that the 8 PM chops was now closed. She could book the other couple at 9 PM. :eek:. So I would have reservations for us at 8PM and the other couple at 9PM. Told her that wouldn't work as we were supposed to be dining together. She cancelled my 8PM booking and we now have two reservations at 9PM, one in our name and one in theirs, both paid by my credit card.

I have an email address to us with reservations at 9PM and an email address to them, sent to me, with their reservations at 9PM. It does not show us linked together.

My husband said he would have been throwing a fit during the booking. I printed out a summary of charges showing a $60.00 credit on my account. I am hoping that this will be proof that the other couple is paid for.

I took part in all of this and I am still confused. :)

Not sure why a table of 4 couldn't have been booked in our name.

Colleen - that is why we wait until we get onboard (the very 1st day) and make our reservations. It is a mess to do when you are using a BOGO coupon. We always go to the specialty restaurant that we want the very 1st thing.

Linda,

It looks like chops is pretty much booked on the 1st day. Are you going to try to book the first night when you get on board? The first reservations I could get was for 9PM. Have you had success getting the first night when you get on board? I think I will see if reservations can be changed to 8PM if that can be done once we get there.

I must say this was the worst ..... I mean worst person I have ever had dealing with RCCL. I asked her about using the coupons for our reservation. She put me on hold, then came back on telling the coupon couldn't be used for a balcony discount :rolleyes:. I asked her "do I have the reservation department to book specialty restaurants?" She replied "Yes"....I think I bit my tongue in half when she responded. I should have hung up then and called back, but I was thinking it was going to get better.

Reservations are booked so all is well, but am wondering about the BOGO coupons and how many hits I have on my credit card. Life is always full of surprises.......I am going on a cruise with new M & M friends in less than two months..... Life is good.

Linda,

It looks like chops is pretty much booked on the 1st day. Are you going to try to book the first night when you get on board? The first reservations I could get was for 9PM. Have you had success getting the first night when you get on board? I think I will see if reservations can be changed to 8PM if that can be done once we get there.

I must say this was the worst ..... I mean worst person I have ever had dealing with RCCL. I asked her about using the coupons for our reservation. She put me on hold, then came back on telling the coupon couldn't be used for a balcony discount :rolleyes:. I asked her "do I have the reservation department to book specialty restaurants?" She replied "Yes"....I think I bit my tongue in half when she responded. I should have hung up then and called back, but I was thinking it was going to get better.

Reservations are booked so all is well, but am wondering about the BOGO coupons and how many hits I have on my credit card. Life is always full of surprises.......I am going on a cruise with new M & M friends in less than two months..... Life is good.

We have never had a problem getting a time the first night that's why they come up with the BOGO the specialty restaurants usally aren't busy.

Our last two ships (Liberty, Enchantment) they allowed the 1st night BOGO coupons to be used on any night. Not sure this is every voyage, might depend on how many restaurant booking they have. It was on our concierge letter, but never hurts to ask.

Also, no problem usuing our 2 coupons for a table for 4 with a non-D+ couple.

Our last two ships (Liberty, Enchantment) they allowed the 1st night BOGO coupons to be used on any night. Not sure this is every voyage, might depend on how many restaurant booking they have. It was on our concierge letter, but never hurts to ask.

Also, no problem usuing our 2 coupons for a table for 4 with a non-D+ couple.

This is definitely not something that is being done fleet wide. It's a ship by ship basis. Kind of frustrating when one ship allows it and another does not.

This is definitely not something that is being done fleet wide. It's a ship by ship basis. Kind of frustrating when one ship allows it and another does not.

RCL is getting better with this tactic and the coupons.

Archived