Bad TA

louisville fan

I had a problem also, my TA booked the wrong airport, she caught it but it caused me to get a refund. It has been almost a month and I haven't received it yet. I have tried emailing my TA and called her, so I just called the main TA back and got a neutral lady, she took care of everything for me. Got me the upgrade I thought I was getting which moved me from 6-8 on the Dream. Just a 3 catagory upgrade. It's alright its part my fault I guess I should have listened and they should put ES or PG in the invoice. I think. Anyway. I should have the refund tomorro or Monday. If not I am calling back. Note: I have booked with this same company this is the 3rd time. So, I will book on my own, lessons learned. I will also book my own flights and stay overnight in a hotel. Too much stress this time around.

Come on 30 days.

[quote name='louisville fan']cabins are on same deck now too. Her reason for non response to emails was that she was very busy doing group bookings...............[/QUOTE]

Ok she was saying your booking wasnt as important since she'll make much more money from a group booking.:o

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

[quote name='Eeyoregon']Ken: I looked thru all of my old emails and can't find the form that carnival sent me :(. Sorry.

Some examples of my recent experience with TA: Emailed my TA to have another passenger added to my booking. We discussed multiple times (in writing via email and on phone) that we would ONLY be paying the $250 deposit. The friend that I added called me a few days later in a panic. He had charged her DEBIT card $750.00 instead of $250.00!!!!

In turn, her checking account was over-drawn and what a disaster to fix!!!! Not ONE apology from the TA and I actually had to have another associate at the travel agency assist with the back lash from the HUGE error.

Another thing was when I received an updated invoice charging for pre-paid gratuities for my 3rd and 4th guests since we had any time dining (or whatever Carnival calls it). Um, we [B]don't have[/B] any time dining!!! All of my previous invoices say early dining. After multiple attempts to get this fixed (and hoping that early dining was still available since there are 10 in my group) I yet again had to deal with a different associate to get our dining switched back and the gratuity charges reversed. Again, NO apology from my TA.

The list goes on. So I transfer the cruise booking to Carnival. TA says our deposits will be refunded and I will have to make new booking with Carnival. Ok, fine. Wasn't sure how accurate it was but whatever! TA required me to fax him a form asking to cancel the booking. On that form I CLEARLY stated exactly what amounts were to be refunded and to which credit cards as all 4 of us paid with our own cards. I could not have made it any clearer...in writing.

Shocker, but ALL of the deposit money was refunded to ONE credit card, which was the card of the LAST person that was added to the booking...not even ME, who was the primary name on the booking!!! Luckily we are on good terms but what if we had cancelled due to a falling out and now this person has $1,000.00 of which only $250 is hers.

I'm done. Do it myself and there is no one to blame but me.[/QUOTE]

Even if you had anytime dining Carnival does not make you prepay. RCI does but not CCL. So again your ex TA didn't know her arse from her elbow.:D

Bill

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']Even if you had anytime dining Carnival does not make you prepay. RCI does but not CCL. So again your ex TA didn't know her arse from her elbow.:D
Bill[/quote]

OMG! You are SOOOOOO right!!! I didn't even think of that!

Gina

I have come to realize the modern day TA-customer relationship is backward.

It is not that [B]they [/B]work for [B]me [/B]to earn commission. Rather it feels more like [B]I[/B] give up control to earn OBC from [B]them[/B].

If your bookings are simple and straightforward and you don't deal with fancy stuff like group bookings and such, TA's do not add value.

Hey Louisville Fan! Happy you got things worked out with your TA! Really just wanted to say GO CARDS!! I grew up in Louisville and have been a UofL fan all my life! Thought you might have been on our cruise, but we are leaving on June 9 on the Valor. Have a great cruise!

[quote name='louisville fan']Whats so funny is that I had already booked with her for a cruise/land trip in Oct. Its 12:41 and no response from her so I can just cancel both and book with Carnival directly or another TA/she was recomended to me. I think if she was smart she would make the changes and gain my additional bookings.[/QUOTE]

I have to ask. If you are having trouble with a TA, why would you go to another TA? Just cancel the booking and just book directly with Carnival. This way you get the lower price. Your in control on your own booking, can book ES if you want or PG and process your own price reductions.

I use a PVP and wont go back to a TA since I had issues on one of my past cruises. I prefer to call my PVP for help and if she's not available, call Carnival myself.

I guess I jumped ahead to respond. Glad you were able to work this out (even though I thought you worked too hard :). Definately find yourself a good PVP for the next time.

How do you find a good PVP (or is whichever person you end up talking to from Carnival, etc becomes your PVP)?

Also if prices are lower through an on-line TA, does that mean the online TA is giving up some of their commission for you to get the lower price?

Yes my TA did change my Mothers cabin and saved $80, however mine is the same price just moved from interior to oceanview. I told her that according to the new prices on farviewer, even the sprg into summer sale, mine should ne $40 less. Some bull about"They couldn’t get the promotion that was $40.00 cheaper because we had originally booked you under the past guest promotion then changed it to the super safer promo"....to me sounds like bull. I am not at final payment which is not til april 10. I told her I could just cancel..... I am so tired of this. That even though it is $40. I am not even gonna deal with it through her. I am gonna call carnival directly and deal with them if that can happen.
Never again will I ever book with a TA for a cruise or even a land vacation. They are working for me. To me my good comments and continued use is far needed than me stating don't ever book with this agency. I do work with about 5000 people in the Dept of Commerece in Indiana.

Archived