Penthouse Suite with Adjoining balcony room for family of 4 on the Sun - Questions

stiej

But, you do realize because it happened once it might not next time? Would you be upset? Like I posted to the OP I would try and get it in writing.

I agree the Sun aft suites are amazing.

IMHO, I do agree that the minor children in a non-suite room, when connected to a suite should receive the suite benefits. But I do believe as desirable as these rooms are look at in in NCL's way. That roommwould probably be sold anyway, it is very popular. So NCL is actually losing money this way. If you booked all 4 in a suite they would still probably sell that balcony to another person or persons. This is just my own idea, NCL should amend the policy to include only minor children or elderly parents in rooms connecting to the suite to the suite perks for a small upcharge, hence making the suite larger, adding a bedroom. Say, $10-$15 a day per add-on. For a 7 night cruise that would be $70-$105 per person for the peace of mind of knowing the suite perks are allowed to all. This would be perfect for ships like the Sun which has no 2-bedroom family suites. (Note: Not applicable to Uncle Joe or Bob from the country club who doesn't want to ante up, just the kiddos and grandma). NCL, are you listening?

I'm following you on the kids for sure- but why grandma?

We decided we wanted to keep the space so we would have the two bathrooms and two separate bedrooms. I am supposed to call our supervisor back tomorrow and let her know (and I have to correct the spelling of my son's name - just noticed that when we were doing our online check in). We are just going to roll the dice and hope they acknowledge all of us together as a family with the perks when we get on board and if not, just order room service for cagneys and get enough for all of us...Its an awesome room with awesome space and we are going to have a great 14th anniversary either way. We won't go hungry if we cant eat in the cagneys dining room :) I do wish NCL would visit this policy and make it more clear to us as passengers and to their employees when they represent policies to customers. I will keep everyone posted. For now, I am looking forward to this time in 2 weeks when we are enjoying a beautiful sea day on the NCL Sun!

We decided we wanted to keep the space so we would have the two bathrooms and two separate bedrooms. I am supposed to call our supervisor back tomorrow and let her know (and I have to correct the spelling of my son's name - just noticed that when we were doing our online check in). We are just going to roll the dice and hope they acknowledge all of us together as a family with the perks when we get on board and if not, just order room service for cagneys and get enough for all of us...Its an awesome room with awesome space and we are going to have a great 14th anniversary either way. We won't go hungry if we cant eat in the cagneys dining room :) I do wish NCL would visit this policy and make it more clear to us as passengers and to their employees when they represent policies to customers. I will keep everyone posted. For now, I am looking forward to this time in 2 weeks when we are enjoying a beautiful sea day on the NCL Sun!

With your good attitude I am sure you'll have a good time. Please come back and tell us how it all turns out. Have fun!

I'm following you on the kids for sure- but why grandma?

Some people (couple) might travel with one child and a grandparent. Or a couple (or single like me) who travel with a parent that needs some assistance. My mother and I like to travel in suites but we don't want to sleep in the same bed together. So one of us had to sleep in that tiny and uncomfortable sofa bed. This was for 14 days. Would have been nice to use the living room and use the balc room as a second bedroom. Not an issue on ships with a 2-bedroom family suite option. But the Sun has none. And I don't think the Sky or Spirit have that option either.

Just a thought.

It can go either way. I have been denied suite check in when booked with my daughter in another room and at other times the concierge has allowed us all to use Cagneys.

There was no problem with two of us using Cagneys, the kids were often happy to go to the buffet, or were busy in the kids or teen club. They didin't mind which two used the perk so long as it was only two.

Never had a problem with disembarkation or tender tickets. The concierge has always been happy to extend the perk for both cabins.

I guess this is why they are moving towards the two bedroom family villas to stop this from happening.

It can go either way. I have been denied suite check in when booked with my daughter in another room and at other times the concierge has allowed us all to use Cagneys.

There was no problem with two of us using Cagneys, the kids were often happy to go to the buffet, or were busy in the kids or teen club. They didin't mind which two used the perk so long as it was only two.

Never had a problem with disembarkation or tender tickets. The concierge has always been happy to extend the perk for both cabins.

I guess this is why they are moving towards the two bedroom family villas to stop this from happening.

Yes, agree. But the issue here is on ships that have no two bedroom options. We chose a 2 bedroom villa on the Jade (chose not to cruise to Cairo due to unrest). But the Sun is our fave.

*Update* I emailed NCL Ceo Mr Sheehan and his executive assistant called me yesterday and I called her back this morning. She told me that all suite perks would be extended to my entire family. That NCL would not separate an immediate family andtravelling together in an adjoining cabin and that we should not have any issues on board the ship. Lets cross our fingers and hope thats the case!

*Update* I emailed NCL Ceo Mr Sheehan and his executive assistant called me yesterday and I called her back this morning. She told me that all suite perks would be extended to my entire family. That NCL would not separate an immediate family andtravelling together in an adjoining cabin and that we should not have any issues on board the ship. Lets cross our fingers and hope thats the case!

Glad to hear it!

I was confident common sense would rule!

Happy Anniversary!!

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the divider between the balconies on 9076 and the adjoining cabin can be opened up? Thanks.

We're just back from 9076 (did not have the adjoining room as well) and it didn't appear to me that the divider could be opened. Like others have mentioned, it's a fantastic cabin. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

Does anyone know if the divider between the balconies on 9076 and the adjoining cabin can be opened up? Thanks.

I also don't believe it can be opened. But believe me, you won't miss it... 9076's is HUGE.

We're just back from 9076 (did not have the adjoining room as well) and it didn't appear to me that the divider could be opened. Like others have mentioned, it's a fantastic cabin. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

This suite is pretty close to perfect.

Archived