looking for pictures of a Dream Cat T room with the sofabed open

alaska_planner

i'm looking for pictures of a Dream Cat T room (the 1 bedroom stateroom) - all pictures would be great, but especially pictures of the room with the sofabed and murphy bed open (ready to be slept in).

i've read as many reviews of the cat T room on the Dream as i can find, but i haven't seen any pictures (other than the DCL publicity pictures).

I'm trying to get an idea of what the room is like when the sofabed is open (also the murphy bed).

and pictures of the two bathrooms and the closet would also be great.

I haven't been able to find anything.

we're book in room 12512 on the Dream.

thanks in advance!!! :) :)

We never opened the sofa bed as our son slept on the Murphy, but I can help a bit if you are trying to figure out how crowded it will be. The answer is tight space.

Disney really scaled back the size of the 1BR on the new ships. They added a larger master bathroom, but took away the walk in closet and a lot of the living space.

When the Murphy is down, you can squeeze past the end of the Murphy, but it's a tight fit. It will also be a tight fit to get past the sofa bed onto the balcony.

If the doors to the master are open, you can always cut through that, but even that isn't all that spacious. Compared to other cabin types, the 1BR is roomy, but comparing it to the original configuration (especially the mid-ships cabins) on the Magic and Wonder, it definitely lacks. We felt like we lost about 30% of the space.

We never opened the sofa bed as our son slept on the Murphy, but I can help a bit if you are trying to figure out how crowded it will be. The answer is tight space.

Disney really scaled back the size of the 1BR on the new ships. They added a larger master bathroom, but took away the walk in closet and a lot of the living space.

When the Murphy is down, you can squeeze past the end of the Murphy, but it's a tight fit. It will also be a tight fit to get past the sofa bed onto the balcony.

If the doors to the master are open, you can always cut through that, but even that isn't all that spacious. Compared to other cabin types, the 1BR is roomy, but comparing it to the original configuration (especially the mid-ships cabins) on the Magic and Wonder, it definitely lacks. We felt like we lost about 30% of the space.

that's definitely how it looks to me in the pictures.

i posted this on the disboards too, and someone posted pictures with both beds open. It's not horrible, but it's definitely cramped.

But they do close it up in the morning, so it should be ok.

the midship 1 bedroom on the Wonder was much nicer looking to me.

and i liked the layout of the master bath on the wonder better as well.

and the closet was fabulous. There was so much storage space in the midship 1 bedroom, we didn't have nearly enough stuff to fit in all of it.

and i think the verandah was longer..

anyway, i have to keep myself under control - i keep looking at that royal suite, which is still available for our cruise :eek:

speaking of the royal suites, i have to say that other than the verandah, even the royal suite isn't as nice.

True the verandah is spectacular, but the suite itself isn't nearly as nice as the walt/roy suites on the wonder.

For one thing, the walt and roy suites on the Wonder have two bedrooms. That was wonderful. The kids were in one bedroom and we were in the other.

On the Dream, there's only 1 bedroom. Anyone else has to sleep in one of the murphy beds - with a privacy curtain around them.

Geez, those curtains and their tracks on the ceiling make it look like a hospital to me. What were they thinking?

You might change your mind about the master bath on the new ships...

The tub is big enough for two. The shower is double the size. The toilet is in it's own room so one can use that while another showers. There is more vanity space with the sinks. That said, I'd give it up for the extra overall space we had on the Magic.

By the way, there are drawers under the bed in the master on the Dream which provide tons of storage space for clothing, but no storage for suitcases. Our luggage easily fit into the hall closet, but I can see where luggage storage could become a problem if you've got a lot of it.

the one thing in the royal suite i'd really like to have is the verandah hot tub.

I think i'd live in it. :)

and it would also be nice to be able to eat out on the verandah.

At a real table.

But maybe i'll save that for the day when DH can actually take a break. (probably never)

Like the way i managed to go on a cruise anyway?

Taking my mom and sister!! :D

and i've been talking up the concept to a few friends of mine.

Now i just have to find something cheap enough they can manage!

then it will be another girls week out. ;)

We were in the Royal on the DREAM last year and yes, it definitely is lacking in room!. The Royals in the two Classic ships are MUCH better and larger. The huge PLUS on the DREAM is the Verandah. It is HUGE!!! I bet it would hold over 30 people easily. We LOVED it. The murphy beds and curtain dividers did NOT like. If kids were sleeping in the liv/dining room on those beds, even with the dividers pulled around, you couldn't really use the rest of the living room because you would be making too much noise for the sleepers. Couple that with accommodations for only 5 really makes this a much less attractive facility/cabin than on the Magic or Wonder. It is beautiful without question, just not as useful as the two large suites on the other ships. It is VERY expensive and I would imagine that might limit requests too.

We were in the Royal on the DREAM last year and yes, it definitely is lacking in room!. The Royals in the two Classic ships are MUCH better and larger. The huge PLUS on the DREAM is the Verandah. It is HUGE!!! I bet it would hold over 30 people easily. We LOVED it. The murphy beds and curtain dividers did NOT like. If kids were sleeping in the liv/dining room on those beds, even with the dividers pulled around, you couldn't really use the rest of the living room because you would be making too much noise for the sleepers. Couple that with accommodations for only 5 really makes this a much less attractive facility/cabin than on the Magic or Wonder. It is beautiful without question, just not as useful as the two large suites on the other ships. It is VERY expensive and I would imagine that might limit requests too.

those curtains are absolutely ridiculous looking to me.

And i hadn't even thought about the noise issue. I just hate the curtains and the tracks.

for anyone who has ever spent more than a minute in a hospital, that is all it can possibly make you think of. Hospital beds curtained off from each other.

What were those people thinking when they designed it?

and even in the day, when the curtains are pulled to the side - you still see them. I'm not a big fan of curtains even on windows (anyone with an allergy will understand why). And to put curtains in middle of the room that way, is so ugly to me. And the tracks on the ceiling. geez.

it's just not very royal looking to me that way.

but that verandah. I would love that verandah.

Archived