Paradise - March 10th to 15th (Review)

GuitarCruiser

The prices were really good...they love to barter and if you go into a shop and they start their sales pitch, I usually let them know I only have a certain amount (like $20.00) and they have a tendency to come down to that amount, even from something that started off being sixty bucks. We got lots of great souvenirs and DW even got a lovely piece of Jewelry (that was listed for $140.00) for $40.00 because he was scared we were going next door to his competitor's store...And yes, we paid for everything in US Dollars.

Was it just small shops that allowed you to barter or could you do it in the bigger shops too? I have to pick up some of those sugar skulls I saw in your pics... love 'em. :)

Also, did you keep your money separated so that when you said you only had so much, you didn't pull out more? Thanks so much for your help.

Was it just small shops that allowed you to barter or could you do it in the bigger shops too? I have to pick up some of those sugar skulls I saw in your pics... love 'em. :)

Also, did you keep your money separated so that when you said you only had so much, you didn't pull out more? Thanks so much for your help.

It was mostly in the small shops in downtown. Some even offered free shots of tequila for coming in. You definitely won't find any bartering in the stores at the Carnival Pier. As for the money, I usually kept a couple twenties in my pocket so they wouldn't see a wad of cash, but I did pull out my wallet a couple of times and they never said anything, and I figured if they did, I'd just bring up the fact that we still had to buy lunch and get a cab back to our pier. Everyone was really nice and friendly, some a little more pushy than others, but those who were, we just walked away from and said "Gracias but no thanks".

It was mostly in the small shops in downtown. Some even offered free shots of tequila for coming in. You definitely won't find any bartering in the stores at the Carnival Pier. As for the money, I usually kept a couple twenties in my pocket so they wouldn't see a wad of cash, but I did pull out my wallet a couple of times and they never said anything, and I figured if they did, I'd just bring up the fact that we still had to buy lunch and get a cab back to our pier. Everyone was really nice and friendly, some a little more pushy than others, but those who were, we just walked away from and said "Gracias but no thanks".

Thanks for the review, pics and all the great info!! 114 days... can't wait!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
This is GREAT! Thank you for your review. The pictures are so fun to see and I printed the fun times.

Do you remember what it cost for bingo? Did your girls go to the glow stick party? If so...did they all wear white?

I'm so glad you were able to print the fun times!

Bingo was $20.00 as I recall. They didn't do the glow stick party, but they did participate in a scavenger hunt, which they enjoyed doing.

Thanks for the review and pics. I love the 3rd picture of Hell...Dog sleeping in the tree shade...so sweet! I'll be cruising on the Paradise on 4/21. Does Carnival still do the Past Cruisers event?

Yeah, the dog was totally relaxed! LOL...there was a past guest event. I can't remember when it was exactly, but we did get an invite placed in our cabin. We got totally involved in something and forgot to go :eek:

Archived