Paradise - March 10th to 15th (Review)

GuitarCruiser

How was the Turtle Farm? That's where we're planning to go in July.

The Turtle Farm was great...one of the highlights of the entire trip! After seeing and getting to hold the turtles, I couldn't believe some people were actually willing to try turtle soup and turtle burgers :mad:

The Turtle Farm was great...one of the highlights of the entire trip! After seeing and getting to hold the turtles, I couldn't believe some people were actually willing to try turtle soup and turtle burgers :mad:

I wouldn't have the heart to try it after seeing them swim and holding them. My 12 yr old DD is sitting here and she says "That's Horrible!! Those MURDERERS!!" :p

How were the prices in the shops in Cozumel? Were they in USD? I saw several items in your pics that I wouldn't mind buying, so I had to ask. :)

I'm looking forward to reading the Fun Times.

The prices were really good...they love to barter and if you go into a shop and they start their sales pitch, I usually let them know I only have a certain amount (like $20.00) and they have a tendency to come down to that amount, even from something that started off being sixty bucks. We got lots of great souvenirs and DW even got a lovely piece of Jewelry (that was listed for $140.00) for $40.00 because he was scared we were going next door to his competitor's store...And yes, we paid for everything in US Dollars.

Thanks for the pics. Where is the Steak House located?

The steakhouse is actually a little Bar/Restaurant called "La Casa Del Habanos Steak Tapas Bar" tha was right next to the downtown square in San Miguel just off the main highway that runs along the water. There was an Ice Cream Stand and a guy out front of the place who would let you hold his parrot so you could take pictures for a dollar. They do have a facebook page, though there isn't much info on there, but just google it and you can get a map of the location. I had a Beef Burito that was huge (and delicious!), but they had all kinds of things. If you do happen to go, tell the owner that the good looking family of 4 (LOL) from Tampa that was in on the 13th, the one he was taking our pictures for us and spoke to us about his time living in Naples, Florida, told you about his place. I guarantee he will take excellent care of you.

Archived