Main seating time

aks753

C&A has said that the times are being changed according to the itinerary being sailed.

Did the same cruise last year - a few weeks earlier - and it was 6. 5:30 is really a bit early.

Did RCCL change main seating from 6 to 5:30? Just checked in for my April cruise on the Freedom and it says main seating is 5:30.

The times can vary according to the demographics of a particular cruise or its itinerary. Meal schedules usually reflect the makeup of the passengers on a cruise and so cruises in Europe or South America are frequently later, while some in the US or the Caribbean especially if the crowd on board is heavily waited towards "early bird" diners, will take place a bit earlier. I suspect that your Freedom cruise will be heavily weighted towards older passengers who prefer to eat earlier than later. If the time is too early for you, I'd suggest asking to change to MTD or to late seating. You also have the option of dining in one of the specialty restaurants or in the Windjammer at a time you find better fits your schedule.:)

The times can vary according to the demographics of a particular cruise or its itinerary. Meal schedules usually reflect the makeup of the passengers on a cruise and so cruises in Europe or South America are frequently later, while some in the US or the Caribbean especially if the crowd on board is heavily waited towards "early bird" diners, will take place a bit earlier. I suspect that your Freedom cruise will be heavily weighted towards older passengers who prefer to eat earlier than later. If the time is too early for you, I'd suggest asking to change to MTD or to late seating. You also have the option of dining in one of the specialty restaurants or in the Windjammer at a time you find better fits your schedule.:)

It is a spring break week for many NE schools, something I have avoided, but now cannot as I do not want to pull the kids from school. Could be a result of the number of kids.

It is a spring break week for many NE schools, something I have avoided, but now cannot as I do not want to pull the kids from school. Could be a result of the number of kids.

It was at 5:30 on the Freedom last week too. My mom just got off the ship this AM and she thought it was too early too but they stayed with it.

Archived