Avalon: Prague to Nuremberg

globie

I would like to have some ideas and observations re the Avalon Waterways' cruises from Prague to Nuremberg. I don't seem to find very many postings re this trip. We want to book soon for a Christmas Market cruise this December.

We have been researching Avalon river cruises and noticed the itinerary from Prague to Frankfort. The trip involves two nights in Prague then motor coach to Nuremberg where you meet the ship for the cruise portion. I have not seen a boat trip between Prague and Nuremberg but I don't believe they are connected by any water way.

We are seeing a travel agent tomorrow. we would like to try the Avalon Prague to Frankfurt Christmas Market trip. Looking forward to this. I will advise details when I know. Thanks.

We have done several Christmas market cruises with Avalon.

Last December was Prague to Vienna. We went between Christmas and New Years so most of the markets were closed. It is definitely more festive with the markets in full swing. We have been to Germany and Austria on our own for the markets a number of times as well as this is just a wonderful time to visit this part of the world.

The segment from Prague to Nuremberg is by bus and took us 4 hours.

We prefer the Frankfurt route that includes Wurzburg, Bamberg to the one last year that included Linz, Passau, Regensburg - though we love Regensburg.

Yep, caviargal has it right. It is a bus transfer from Prague to Nuremburg.

We did an Avalon Christmas Market cruise a few years ago which started in Prague, for 2 nights, then a bus trip over to Nuremburg-it was something like a 2 to 3 hour bus ride, maybe a bit more. Time went by fast due to the good time we were having on the bus with our group of about 20 other people. As I recall, there were at least 2 to 3 buses involved.

The actual cruise portion was excellent (as was Prague). We were on the Tranquility-beautiful ship.

Dress warm!! :)

• 8 months later...

Archived