Just Back from Millennium

DeRon

Okay honest answers please! We have done 6 RCCL cruises and 1 HAL, didn't like HAL at all. Do you think we will be unhappy on Celebrity since they seem to be suited to a similar clientele? We were just really bored on HAL, everything seemed to gear down to nothing right after late seating. We ended up in our room early almost every night. Seriously considering X for a European cruise in 2007. What do you think?

Thanks DeRon, we like the idea of a more upscale line than RCCL but find ourselves drawn to the activities available at night. We are in our 50's so not looking for discos etc. just something different than we do when at home. Like the shows, some dancing, loved Quest game last cruise, so like to laugh and have fun. We just found HAL so subdued that we were worried X might be the same.

Pinkrosesdeb - You might like Celebrity then. I mean, there were things to do at night. Just a lot more on my Princess cruises.

RobinG - Isn't that hilarious?! I can't get that image out of my head.

I think that is our problem. We got used to RCCL level of activity. We don't need that much just a few choices each night would be great. It seemed like everyone went to bed around 10pm on HAL. We sat every night in the Explorer lounge drinking cappuccino and then headed to bed because we couldn't find anything that interested us. Think we will give X a try and see how it compares! Thanks for the help! Deb

We were on the Maasdam also but it was in 2003. The ship was small and it was the first time I ever felt claustrophobic onboard. The ceilings seemed low and the ship was pretty closed in feeling to me. HAL just didn't work for us at all but we are seriously considering X for a European cruise in 2007.

Archived