Royal Room problem on Rhapsody

Just read both threads on this issue and I feel awful for those of you who've had your cabin reservations stolen by RCI. I've never sailed with them and after reading these threads I doubt I ever will.

BTW, the correct medical term for the position of management's heads on this issue is "craniorectal inversion". :)

I just received a call from Ms. Diana at RCCL. I was shocked to hear from any of the powers from above. I had received the canned response letter to my email and also to the letter they received from my brother. I really had assumed that we were just a number and that would be the end of the communication. She said that they would be unable to move me to my original room, but they were very sorry and will be increasing my OBC to $500. It is getting slightly better. I guess the best part of the call would be the fact that she apologized for the error. Unbelievably, this is the first apology that we have received. I will just have to keep hoping that someone on the aft of the boat decides that they don't want to sail after all. My name will remain on the list for any available cabins at the back, but unfortunately that is all she wrote.

I just received a call from Ms. Diana at RCCL. I was shocked to hear from any of the powers from above. I had received the canned response letter to my email and also to the letter they received from my brother. I really had assumed that we were just a number and that would be the end of the communication. She said that they would be unable to move me to my original room, but they were very sorry and will be increasing my OBC to $500. It is getting slightly better. I guess the best part of the call would be the fact that she apologized for the error. Unbelievably, this is the first apology that we have received. I will just have to keep hoping that someone on the aft of the boat decides that they don't want to sail after all. My name will remain on the list for any available cabins at the back, but unfortunately that is all she wrote.

Interesting, and thanks for the feedback. I take it they did not elaborate on why the booking that was made by mistake was unable to be moved?

Wow. I guess it's finally sinking in that they messed up. I still don't see why they "can't" give you your cabin back. "Won't" is more like it. But $500 takes a lot of the sting out, no?

Just heard back from Diana Dolphin on our onboard credit. I was advised that RCI will NOT agree to ANY additional OBC for other cruisers affected by the Rhapsody re-numbering.

So there you have it. Rather than RCI being fair, and affording the same offer of $500 to everyone, they are going to cherry pick guests for the higher offer.

Don't worry Ms. Dolphin. I got your message LOUD AND CLEAR. And the message was not "Get out there," it was simply "GET OUT !!!"

I have an idea...

There's little doubt that this cabin snafu affects hundreds of people. I read above that someone gets compensated with a $500 OBC, and that someone else didn't get that offer.

Now, this would work best with someone who is affected by this change and lives in south Florida.

Most TV stations / newspapers (TV is much better though) have a "consumer advocate / problem solver". THAT'S THE PERSON TO GO TO, not Goldstein or Fain.

Find this person, contact them, and try to get TV publicity on the issue! Refer them to the forums here so they can see what is going on. A Miami TV station would be best, as that is RCI's home.

Any thoughts on my idea?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but this is what I would do if I were treated this way. Look, maybe RCI won't change the cabin, but gives EVERYONE $500 OBC. For some folks that would be splendid, for others...

Here, I did some work on this.

There will be others, but here's one: Patrick Fraser and Howard Finkelstein at CH. 7 WSVN, that serves MIA and FLL. Twice a week they do the "Help me Howard" segment.

Help Me Howard:

Email: helpmehoward@wsvn.com

Miami-Dade: 305-953-WSVN (9786)

Broward: 954-761-WSVN (9786)

Also, "CBS 4 Investigates"

http://miami.cbslocal.com/show/i-team/

Here's a listing of Miami TV stations, the rest is up to you.

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/markets/Miami-Ft.+Lauderdale

There's nothing like negative TV publicity to wake up big corporations!

I have an idea...

There's little doubt that this cabin snafu affects hundreds of people. I read above that someone gets compensated with a $500 OBC, and that someone else didn't get that offer.

Now, this would work best with someone who is affected by this change and lives in south Florida.

Most TV stations / newspapers (TV is much better though) have a "consumer advocate / problem solver". THAT'S THE PERSON TO GO TO, not Goldstein or Fain.

Find this person, contact them, and try to get TV publicity on the issue! Refer them to the forums here so they can see what is going on. A Miami TV station would be best, as that is RCI's home.

Any thoughts on my idea?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but this is what I would do if I were treated this way. Look, maybe RCI won't change the cabin, but gives EVERYONE $500 OBC. For some folks that would be splendid, for others...

I have "no dog in the fight" either but just a little insight......We sailed the Navigator last April 18 2011.....my "girl on the inside" gave me the heads up om a 8 cat. upgrade, book an inside get a verandah less than 30 days out. It was a 5 nighter that cost less than 800 for 2. It was a one day special, if you were already booked you couldnt qualify. There were at least 100 cabins sold.....needless to say people who had booked and were hoping for an upgrade werent happy! I hadent heard that much complaing on a sailing since Disney cancelled our Magic sailing in 02. I was told RCCL offered some people future upgrades and some people nothing....not sure what the difference was and why, but thats what happened. I am trying to piece the similarities together between that sailing and this but there has to be a reason why some got compensation and some didnt......DCL was the same way on the 2002 cancelled Eastern in Nov. due to the norwalk virus......EVERYONE got their money back, but some recieved a transfer to the Wonder (4 nighter) and a stay at WDW on days they were supposed to be on the ship free of charge......some got half off next sailing and upgrades and some didnt....seems to be a cruise wide thing

Archived