Where does enchantment dock in bermuda?

Does anyone know where it docks? I know the explorer docks on the other side of the island and you need to take a taxi, but I want one that docks near the city

Enchantment docks at the dockyard, same place that the Explorer docks. The only ships that I know of that dock in Hamilton are Holland America. None dock in St.. George any more.

yes,its not like the old days when the smaller ships would dock at St.Georges and Hamilton.That was a much better and easier way to see Bermuda.I think there was a problem with the town cut going into SG and only the local ferry and small boats are able to get in there now.HAL only docks at Hamilton now ,which is still way better then the dockyard.Unfortunately the dockyard is so far out in the sticks,it makes going anywhere a pain.

I would not recommend taking a taxi on Bermuda unless for a short distance or if splitting the fare amongst several people due to their high fares. There is regular ferry service between the dockyards and Hamilton plus a high speed ferry to St. George's. There are also buses but keep in mind that most are shared with the local population that use them as their normal mode of transportation.

Bermuda has a very clean, safe and efficient system of public transportation; it is a combination of bus routes and water taxis and covers the entire island. The system runs on time and it is easy to understand the color coded routes; a 3 day pass as I recall was about $26 pp. It is a wonderful way to see the island.

The only line was at the port the day the ship arrived; everyone tried to get their pass at the same time. If you wait an hour or two upon arrival, the lines are gone. There were no waits to speak of using the system. It is one of the few places where I would actually recommend public transportation.

The summer ferry schedule should be posted on the Bermuda Tourism Dept.'s website shortly so you can check to see when and if the ferries will be running between the Dockyard and Hamilton or St.Georges. I have read that there have been some cutbacks in the schedule and that could have an impact on your plans. :)

Bermuda has a very clean, safe and efficient system of public transportation; it is a combination of bus routes and water taxis and covers the entire island. The system runs on time and it is easy to understand the color coded routes; a 3 day pass as I recall was about $26 pp. It is a wonderful way to see the island.

The only line was at the port the day the ship arrived; everyone tried to get their pass at the same time. If you wait an hour or two upon arrival, the lines are gone. There were no waits to speak of using the system. It is one of the few places where I would actually recommend public transportation.

I agree that Bermuda system of public transportation is great. I wish we had something like it in my neck of the woods (Orlando). It is 3 miles to walk to the nearest bus stop and it doesnot run very often. Bermuda busses and boats are wonderful. Enjoy your stay in Bermuda. I wish I could go there today. (jealous)

We were in Bermuda last April and there were lines for the ferry but nothing that would keep me from using them! Early morning and late afternoon seemed to be the very busy times.

I found it to be a very enjoyable way to see the island. The ferries have open seating on the top if you want to see great views and some sun!

We love Bermuda going back in May!!!:)

Has anyone ever gone on a beach excursion or light house tour in Bermuda that was not through RCI? We did one last year through a local (on Radiance in Costa Maya) that was Fabulous...

Archived