Nightlife?

Kuyaba

Thinking about Princess for our next cruise. Have been on Celebrity Constellation and thought the entertainment and nightlife in general was lame. Came off Carnival Victory last month and really enjoyed the entertainment and there were lots of options of different bars and things to do at night. Had a great time. How's the entertainment on Princess? What kind of options can I expect regarding bars and clubs? Any certain ships in particular that you'd recommend for the nightlife?

We were on the Caribbean Princess this past November (4 guys, late 20's to early 30's) and found the nightlife great, especially at Skywalkers Disco. We were up most nights till Skywalkers closed @3:00 or 4:00. The cruise staff were all fun and were out most nights too. Made for a fun atmosphere of partying.

We have all also been on carnival Victory, january 2001. In comparrison, Princess was a much better time and a better mix of people.

As always though, it really depends on the week you are traveling, and the mix of passengers on the sailing.

For us, we are going to keep cruising Princess, as we feel it is just a better product. Food, Entertainment, nightlife, and staff, were all superior to Carnival, from our perspective. We are booked on the Star Princess this coming November!!! 194 days left!

I have heard the Grand Class ships have more of an active nightlife...

Have a great cruise!

Gary

Thanks. But, is the disco the only nightlife? I'm in my upper 40's and although I do like dance music and I admit, hip hop, aren't there any other options of good/fun music in any other bars?

Explorer's lounge had musical groups playing, comedians etc...in the evenings until 2:00am. Fun Fun Fun!

Club Fusion, another great hangout, also had live music and dancing in the evenings, not sure what time was last call, but it wasn't any earlier than 2:00am. Club fusion is also where they held the talent contests(princess idol) at night.

Skywalkers was, I believe, the only venue open until 4/5:00am.

My other half is in his upper 40's too....(not that he would admit it, nor approve of me posting it!) the 40's age range was well represented and welcomed in Skywalkers in the wee morning hours. Music was a good mix of 70s through the present.

Have Fun!!! Caribbean Princess is a Blast!

Gary

Thanks. But, is the disco the only nightlife? I'm in my upper 40's and although I do like dance music and I admit, hip hop, aren't there any other options of good/fun music in any other bars?

I'm 47 and I had a BLAST in Skywalker's. Closed it down almost every night. There were plenty of other's my age. We were all dancing to the music our kids listen to!!! I admit, I love it too!

If you go to see the shows in the other lounges first, and then head up to Skywalkers, you will get a chance to experience the other types of entertainment. Skywalker's didn't really get going until midnight, anyway.

Princess Idol was always pretty entertaining - went to watch that almost every night.

Don't worry, you'll find plenty of entertainment!

One of the things we like about Princess is there is a variety of entertainment going on each evening. There are usually shows in the Princess Theater and the Vista Lounge. Plus the Wheelhouse Bar, Painted Desert, Promenade Bar, and Explorers Lounge have acts that play in them.

Archived