8 yr old on the Jewel of the Sea?

skyw

HI

I posted on RCl forum but I didn't get a reply. We are considering a last minute trip on the Jewel. I absolutely love this class of ship but it lacks some of the fun kid amenities like the larger ships have. He has only been on one cruise and it was DCL when he was three. So his expectations aren't too high.

Will he still have fun? Will there be other kids on board? And is the pool warm enough to swim?

thanks

Unless your son is one of those who has to be constantly entertained with the latest and greatest and is expecting ziplines, characters, acrobats, etc he will have a great time. The AO on RCI ships is really well run. My DD was 7 on our last cruise (her only so far) on Majesty and LOVED the AO. They had so many activities for the kids she was there every evening( we were in port each day). He will have the rock wall, sports court, mini golf, to keep him entertained if he does not go to AO. Plus all the things you could do as a family I'm sure he will have a blast.

We did a 10-day trip on the Jewel to Panama area in Jan. 2010. There were very few kids on board - and my kids LOVED it! DD was 7 & DS 9 at the time and we couldn't keep them out of the club!! They have lots of attention from the staff, lots of fun activities and were never bored. On an average day there were only about 15 kids in the club, but my kids loved that. I'm sure there were few kids because of the duration of the trip & the itinerary.

Your DD will love it!

Archived