Caribbean Princess Balconys

We have a choice either mini suite on Emerald deck or balcony on Caribe. I understand that Caribe balconys are bigger and half sun half shade. But people from above can look down at you. Is this true? Are the balconys on the minis on Emerald deck have sun or shade and can anyone look down at you? Do you haear the noise from the lounge below on Emerald?

Thanks

We have a choice either mini suite on Emerald deck or balcony on Caribe. I understand that Caribe balconys are bigger and half sun half shade. But people from above can look down at you. Is this true? Are the balconys on the minis on Emerald deck have sun or shade and can anyone look down at you? Do you haear the noise from the lounge below on Emerald?

Thanks

Emerald deck minis are completely covered. Dolphin deck minis are completely uncovered. Caribe balconies are half and half and you can be seen from above only if you're on the open half. If you're undercover, nobody can see you.

The AD mini-suites on Emerald deck are my favorite cabins and location. I don't book them often but have never heard any sound from the lounge below. They are completely covered and very private. Some feel that because they're covered, the cabin tends to be darker but that's never bothered me.

Given a choice between a Caribe balcony cabin and Emerald mini-suite, I'd choose the mini-suite every time.

• 2 months later...
Emerald deck minis are completely covered. Dolphin deck minis are completely uncovered. Caribe balconies are half and half and you can be seen from above only if you're on the open half. If you're undercover, nobody can see you.

Do you know if Baja Deck 11, BD Balconies are completely covered?

The only uncovered balconies are the Dolphin mini-suites. Caribe balconies are half-covered/half-uncovered.

Even though Aloha and Baja balconies are covered, they are pretty shallow (5') so you're not protected from the sun or weather. Also, anyone on Caribe, Dolphin or Emerald can look up and see in so they're not very private.

Baja balconies are covered. This is the deck we prefer, unless of course we can grab a Caribe for the same price.
That should be easier next year after the Fleet Recategorization as forward balconies on Baja and Caribe deck will both be Cat BE and aft balconies on Baja and Caribe will both be Cat BD. It will only be the center cabins on Caribe that will be higher categories - Cat B2 and B1 on Caribe vs Cat BB and BA on Baja.

Archived