Do the ships really often leave people behind?

jlk806

We usually get a drink and watch the "runners".

We do too. The best times we've had were when we were docked at the pier in St Maarten and another ship opposite us was leaving before us. This has happened a couple of times, and we've been rewarded with 'shows' each time.

Actually watching someone's ship leave them behind (into the sunset at SXM no less) is hilarious. Some of the hijinks that people do when they realize their boat is gone are priceless.

In both cases their ship stopped a half mile or so away from the pier, and the people were tendered out, so everyone had a happy ending.

Kevin C

No way. I happen to know the Margaritaville there (the best one in the world IMHO) makes multiple announcements and kicks people out to be sure.

Don't ask me how I know.... I just know OK?

May be true in some ports but not in Cozumel! So many ships in port leaving at different times, they just crank up the music, pour the drinks and you're on your own!

there is nothing more entertaining at the end of a long day at a stop then sitting on the balcony and just waiting for "pier runners" to come flying in.....Ive seen it in Nassau, Ports in Italy, Bermuda....You name it. It happens everywhere

that cant make it back in time at port? It seems like such common sense to me, and if there are warnings and all why people would continue to miss the ship in port? I keep reading stories about it, and am just wondering does it happen often? SMH.

Apparently it does happen. The very first time was a long long time ago.

303723_10150339514113706_636533705_7957735_456012785_n.jpg.916a03abbc68021efc39c3a68d447901.jpg

So Carnival doesn't change their ship time to local port time? NCL does and leaves reminders in your cabin the night before the change to and back.

They let you know if there will be a time change in the Fun Times and boards similar to this one are throughout the ship:

IMG_0899.jpg

Some people are just oblivious!

Archived