What r the formal nights on 12 nt. cruise?

There are usually two formal/elegant nights on a 12 night cruise. The first would be the first sea day and the second would be on the last sea day unless it's the last night in which case it would be the sea day before that. I think there are some cruises with only one formal night because the only sea days were in the very beginning and nothing at the end. That would make formal nights two days in a row which they won't do. Also, if there is no sea day before the last night and you leave early from a port one of the days at the end of the cruisei that could also be a formal night. So, in a nutshell, normally two but the days can vary but almost always on a sea day.

Slumdog, John Heald mentioned this on his blog or his facebook page recently. As I recall, he said he is still working on the schedule for our sailing, but is considering having just one formal night because the itinerary is so port intensive. Apparently most people don't like to do formal night on port days after they have been out sightseeing all day. But the gist of it was, the exact schedule for formal nights has not yet been finalized.

Next week John's going to be doing some videos and reporting directly from the Breeze. Maybe he'll mention formal nights.

Becky

I take it you are referring to the June 27th Med cruise on the Breeze? If so then I did a very similar itinerary on the Magic last year (we had one day in Rome and went to Naples on the other), Still, the days were set up exactly. We stated with four port days and did not do the first formal night until day 5 (the night before Dubrovnik). the second was the sea day after we left Venice (before Messina). It was a little odd waiting so long for the first one, but I think it worked out well to wait for the sea day.

Have fun. After 20 cruises that one is still my favorite. It is an amazing itinerary.

Archived