Oasis vs Allure?

Hey everyone.

My wife and I are planning on going on a cruise with our almost 4 year old son this summer. We have decided that we want to go on either the Oasis or the Allure, but we can't really decide between them because they seem so similar. Also, we cannot decide on the Eastern vs Western because we have been to all the ports on both itineraries (except Falmouth).

I would love to hear from those who have been on both ships or those who know the differences. Other than one has Hairspray and the other has Chicago I can't seem to see any other difference. I have a feeling the real difference is in the crew and vibe onboard.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steven

Another difference is that Oasis leaves on Saturday and Allure leaves on Sunday. One or the other might work out better with your vacation schedule, especially if you are fly down a day in advance, as recommended. Also, if you are flying to/from the port, there might be a significant difference in the cost of airfare. (For us, the airfare was a lot less expensive for the Allure cruise than the Oasis cruise).

Otherwise, the differences between the ships are too neglible to be determining factors. (Things like the location of outlets in the cabin, or that Allure is actually a tiny bit larger, or Oasis has Seafood Shack and Allure has Rita's Cantina)

As for West versus East, make a list of what you'd do at each port (excursions) on both itieneraries - that would help narrow it down to which one you'd prefer.

We disembarked Oasis a short while ago, but have never been on Allure. Wouldn't think there is anything vastly different except what has been mentioned....Rita's vs. Seafood Shack, etc. I was told by a shop clerk on Oasis that Allure is 7 inches longer!

We have traveled all the ports offered in either western or eastern itineraries many times, so for us, the ports are not an important factor, with one exception. We very much enjoy Labadee, and we would prefer that it is included in the itinerary.

I believe Allure has the advantage with shows. Although I liked Oasis' Hairspray better than Allure's Chicago, I think all the other shows were a little better on Allure. Another big plus for Allure is the Boardwalk Doghouse. The hot dogs are better than I expected.

Oasis embarks on Saturday and Allure embarks on Sunday. Depending on your travel plans, this could make a difference.

Allure has a Mexican restaurant on the Boardwalk and a Brazilian steakhouse in the Solarium. Oasis, on the other hand, has a ala cart seafood restaurant on the Boardwalk and a Bistro in the Solarium.

We live in South Florida, so the travel aspect is a non-issue.

How about Eastern vs Western?

I prefer the Eastern, and I think that itinerary has one ore sea day, which might be a plus on those ships for the kids.

We just had to make the decision you are making now after much research. We have 4 kids. We ended up going with the Allure because the cabin category we wanted wasn't available on the Oasis and because many people told me that their are more dreamworks themed activities on the Allure which I thought my 9 year old might enjoy better although I don't know if this is true or not. The Allure has an extra "How to Train Your Dragon" ice show which the Oasis does not have but this means that you will have less free ice skating time on the Allure if this is important to you.

At your child's age, I don't think the ports will make much of a difference. I do think that the Western is better for teens.

I have read that the Allure is a little bigger. My kids can actually tell their Grandma, who is a cruise lover, that they are going on the biggest cruiseship in the world LOL. :D

I prefer the Eastern, and I think that itinerary has one ore sea day, which might be a plus on those ships for the kids.

On the Oasis and Allure this is not the case. I miss the extra port day, but it is probably not needed on these ships, too much to do. :)

Both itineraries have 3 ports and 3 sea days.

I totally forgot about Nassau, didn't get off the ship and my cabin was pointed away from the port. It was an extra sea day, just less crowded in the WJ at lunch.

Archived