Is there a beach on Puerta Maya cruise port?

cml88

Hi! Traveling to Cozumel soon and docking at the Puerta Maya cruise port...I was under the impression that there were accessible beaches on all the Cozumel cruise ports but through the research I'm finding on here, I'm hearing otherwise...Can someone give me some info about the Puerta Maya cruise port? PLEASE tell me there is an accessible beach in close walking distance?! Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of. They do have a sandy, shady area with beach chairs and last time we were there I noticed people going down to the water by climbing over rocks, etc but as far as there being a real "beach" there I don't think so.

Hi! Traveling to Cozumel soon and docking at the Puerta Maya cruise port...I was under the impression that there were accessible beaches on all the Cozumel cruise ports but through the research I'm finding on here, I'm hearing otherwise...Can someone give me some info about the Puerta Maya cruise port? PLEASE tell me there is an accessible beach in close walking distance?! Thanks!

There is a beach a short cab ride from Costa Maya, We love to go there. There is town on the beach nearby just exit the Costa Maya compound at the rear. There will be cabs ready to take you there, very inexpensive and short ride to beach area. Restaurants, lounge chairs and service right on the beach. We look forward to this activity every time we are in that port.

Not that I'm aware of. They do have a sandy, shady area with beach chairs and last time we were there I noticed people going down to the water by climbing over rocks, etc but as far as there being a real "beach" there I don't think so.

Agree with this. It isn't what you assume to be a "real" beach. And it views the ships and the working docks. No facilities.

There is a beach a short cab ride from Costa Maya, We love to go there. There is town on the beach nearby just exit the Costa Maya compound at the rear. There will be cabs ready to take you there, very inexpensive and short ride to beach area. Restaurants, lounge chairs and service right on the beach. We look forward to this activity every time we are in that port.

ljf6... Different ports. FYI, "Costa Maya" is on the mainland of Mexico. "Puerta Maya" is the name of one of the cruise piers area that Carnival and other ships use on the island of Cozumel.

Archived