June Sailing - When/Where to purchase

cricket_7

We are planning on a cruise during June (10th or 17th) either out of Galveston or New Orleans. I checked prices on Carnival and they are much higher than some of the places on the web. There was a price drop about a week ago and fares are around $650 or so. When should I expect to see another drop? Do you think I should wait or go ahead and book at this price?

Thanks!!

If you arent particular about which cabin you get, you can book with Pack N Go right now and choose your category and allow Carnival to choose your room. I just looked and there are some pretty great prices on there right now for a peak season cruise.

We are planning on a cruise during June (10th or 17th) either out of Galveston or New Orleans. I checked prices on Carnival and they are much higher than some of the places on the web. There was a price drop about a week ago and fares are around $650 or so. When should I expect to see another drop? Do you think I should wait or go ahead and book at this price?

Thanks!!

You need to make sure those sites are showing the full price, including taxes, port fees, etc, in that TA's, online or otherwise, are not allowed to price lower than Carnival. Also, just FYI, you are not allowed to give specific sites or TA's here on CC.

One other thing, you can't predict a price drop. Same cabin on our Hawaii cruise next month is double what we paid. Book it when you're happy with the price and if it happens to go down, bonus!

You need to make sure those sites are showing the full price, including taxes, port fees, etc, in that TA's, online or otherwise, are not allowed to price lower than Carnival. Also, just FYI, you are not allowed to give specific sites or TA's here on CC.

One other thing, you can't predict a price drop. Same cabin on our Hawaii cruise next month is double what we paid. Book it when you're happy with the price and if it happens to go down, bonus!

So my next question is..if you don't book through Carnival (say you use one of the well known travel sites), then can you still get OBC if the price goes down?

And after all of the fees, etc. you are saying that these other travel sites should be at least what Carnival is charging and not any less??

So my next question is..if you don't book through Carnival (say you use one of the well known travel sites), then can you still get OBC if the price goes down?

And after all of the fees, etc. you are saying that these other travel sites should be at least what Carnival is charging and not any less??

Are you talking about this June? If so you are going to have to pay in full at the time of booking and there are no OBC's after final payment.

If you are talking next June then the ES rate is still an option for you and that rate can be booked through a TA. Or if you don't want the restrictions of ES then you can book one of the other rates but any price reduction would be in the form of an adjustment to the balance or after final payment you could upgrade.

If you book through a TA then they have to process and price change forms.

If other travel sites are quoting you a rate that is lower than Carnival it's because they are pitching in some of their commision.

I personally don't use a TA or a PVP. I call the 800# and speak to who ever answers the phone. That way I can process all of my own ES forms and if I do have a question I can call 24/7 and speak to someone instead of waiting for a TA or PVP to be in the office.

The prices you are seeing that are showing less then the carnival rate is probably due to not adding taxes or port charges to the listed price-- and be cruise price only.

Also make sure you are comparing price for the same category. All cabins on the ship are not the same price.

an inside cabin on riveria deck is a LOT cheaper then the same cabin on deck 9.

Are you looking for this june or june 2013

I'm booking for June 2012 on the Conquest out of New Orleans. It keeps going down lower and lower, but I am a little afraid to wait too much longer. I talked to a lady at one of the travel sites and she said to check back the first week of April..she thought they would be at their lowest then.

I noticed that the Carnival Pack N Go fares said that the sale was ending tomorrow..so maybe they will go down next week?? It's like playing the lottery, isn't it!

One last question for now..these are the decks that have rooms available for the cheapest price:

Riveriera

Main

Upper

Empress

Verandah

Lido

The rooms that I looked at are at the middle of the ship. Is there a desk that would be preferred over another? Sorry for all the questions..this will only be my second cruise!

Thanks for everyone's help!!

I'm booking for June 2012 on the Conquest out of New Orleans. It keeps going down lower and lower, but I am a little afraid to wait too much longer. I talked to a lady at one of the travel sites and she said to check back the first week of April..she thought they would be at their lowest then.

I noticed that the Carnival Pack N Go fares said that the sale was ending tomorrow..so maybe they will go down next week?? It's like playing the lottery, isn't it!

One last question for now..these are the decks that have rooms available for the cheapest price:

Riveriera

Main

Upper

Empress

Verandah

Lido

The rooms that I looked at are at the middle of the ship. Is there a desk that would be preferred over another? Sorry for all the questions..this will only be my second cruise!

Thanks for everyone's help!!

open a deck plan and be careful of whats above or below the cabin. you want to avoid the areas of noise.

Pizza kitchen is on the lido deck so a cabin beneath that area will get noise since it is opened 24 hours a day,.

an inside cabin on the riveria is cheaper -

as you go up the cost goes higher.

a pack and go rate is for a guarantee- they pick the cabin for you.

I can tell you that the Magic sailing out of Galveston June 17, 2012 has had some awesome price drops the last 2 weeks with the Spring into Summer Sale.

DD will be on that sailing for their honeymoon & they have $440 in OBC from price drops, Cloud 9 Spa Balcony, booked ES 14 months ago & are past guests.

I can tell you that the Magic sailing out of Galveston June 17, 2012 has had some awesome price drops the last 2 weeks with the Spring into Summer Sale.

DD will be on that sailing for their honeymoon & they have $440 in OBC from price drops, Cloud 9 Spa Balcony, booked ES 14 months ago & are past guests.

THe fares that I looked at were slightly more for Galveston than New Orleans, but I'm definately keeping an eye on both!! We can sail either on June 10th or June 17th, out of either port.

Archived