Asia on Millennium

hollyville

Hi

We have just returned from the S E Asia cruise on Millennium. We used Stefan to arrange a day tour to Hanoi from Halong Bay as well as the 1/2 day junk trip on Halong Bay. He also arranged an overnight tour to Saigon for us visiting the chu Chi tunnels on day 1 & seeing the sights in Saigon on day 2. All tours were great & good value. We would definately use him again. We formed small groups for each toiur via the CC thread & everyone was happy with their choices.

Thank you for the heads up. Just waiting on specified details from him. Originally requested a quote for 1/2 day Halong Bay cruise from him and with the response he suggested some other port tours as he had our whole itinerary on file...

Busybean - One more question - what hotel did you stay at? Did Best Cruises supply it? His website says you overnight at one of two hotels, one is awful and one is wonderful. He says its out of date anyway. Waiting to see what hotel he includes in our tour..... Thanx for all your input.... Caryn

Did you get any free time to just wander and soak up the atmosphere in Saigon? And did Stefan offer an overnight in Hanoi as we'd prefer to split the travelling over 2 days plus have some time to wander in the Old Quarter night market.Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We only really had the evening free + short periods to look round the various "attractions". It was TET whilst we were there & this was a fantastic experience

We stayed at the Ruby 3 Asian Hotel which was fine for a stort stay--very central in Saigon. I thnk that overnight in Hanoi would be a good idea as its a long journey on slow bumpy roads. We were given this choice by Stefan.

We only really had the evening free + short periods to look round the various "attractions". It was TET whilst we were there & this was a fantastic experience

We stayed at the Ruby 3 Asian Hotel which was fine for a stort stay--very central in Saigon. I thnk that overnight in Hanoi would be a good idea as its a long journey on slow bumpy roads. We were given this choice by Stefan.

Thank you. Just what I wanted to hear

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hi

We have just returned from the S E Asia cruise on Millennium. We used Stefan to arrange a day tour to Hanoi from Halong Bay as well as the 1/2 day junk trip on Halong Bay. He also arranged an overnight tour to Saigon for us visiting the chu Chi tunnels on day 1 & seeing the sights in Saigon on day 2. All tours were great & good value. We would definately use him again. We formed small groups for each toiur via the CC thread & everyone was happy with their choices.

I have been communicating with both tour companies and at this point I am very confused. Did anyone tour with both, Best Cruises (Stephen) and Smile Tours (Thi) and can recommend one or the other. Appreciate any input.

We are staying at the Ibis on BenCoolen before sailing. The Shopping Spree rate is fantastic and includes breakfast.

Pieter and Sharon

Just noticed that you were from London.....as are we.

Our group is doing the Hong Kong to Singapore cruise in February 2014 and spending a few days in Beijing before the cruise.

Would be interested in hearing about your experiences.....the pros and the cons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any advice on shore excursions for the Hong Kong - Singapore Millennium cruise. We are particularly interested if anyone did the Angkor Wat trip.

• 4 months later...
Yes, some ports will have long drives but for some the drive is not very long.

We have done similar itineraries multiple times including visits to these ports this past spring on another cruise line. I would take the cruise and enjoy all you will see.

Keith

Keith - do we need a visa for Hong Kong? We start our Millennium cruise in Hong Kong and this will be the only Chinese port , we end in Singapore. I have read that we don't need a visa for a stay under 30 days in Hong Kong - do you know if this is correct?

Marion

Keith - do we need a visa for Hong Kong? We start our Millennium cruise in Hong Kong and this will be the only Chinese port , we end in Singapore. I have read that we don't need a visa for a stay under 30 days in Hong Kong - do you know if this is correct?

Marion

No visa is required.

Hong Kong Visa Requirements

Short Term Visitors to Hong Kong

U.S. Citizens visiting Hong Kong for not more than three months/90 days are not required to obtain visas. They must have a U.S. passport valid for at least six months and evidence of adequate funds for their stay and onward transportation. Those wishing to stay more than three months must obtain visas from a Chinese Embassy or Consulate. Visitors are not permitted to study or work (whether paid or not).