Pacific Ocean between Hawaii & Vancouver

A group of us are sailing aboard the Radiance of the Seas in April. We'll cruise the Hawaiian Islands and then we have 5 days at sea as we sail to Vancouver. Can anyone tell me what the Pacific is like between Hawaii and Vancouver in April. We've never done the cruise before and are very much looking forward to the five days at sea. Any info would be appreciated.

A group of us are sailing aboard the Radiance of the Seas in April. We'll cruise the Hawaiian Islands and then we have 5 days at sea as we sail to Vancouver. Can anyone tell me what the Pacific is like between Hawaii and Vancouver in April. We've never done the cruise before and are very much looking forward to the five days at sea. Any info would be appreciated.

Are you cruising this April 22? If so, please stop by the roll call if you haven't already and ask your question. Radiance 4/22/12 Macadamia Cruise Nuts - Hawaii to Vancouver

Last year on Rhapsody we had one day of 12-15 feet waves as we left Kona and then the seas flattened out and it was like sailing on glass. But both my DH (retired Navy) and the ship's Captain said they'd never seen anything like it, so I would be prepared for a bumpy ride.

Only Mother Nature can answer your question as it would depend if there are storms or other conditions that would make waves. ;)

We did 3 round trip Hawaii cruises.

Each one the sea conditions were different. One was like glass, another had 30 foot swells and another was choppy, very windy with high seas.

The closer you get to Vancouver the colder it will be, so be prepared and layer!!

We have also cruised to and from the Islands of Hawaii, and the best was calm seas from Hawaii to Ensenada (that dates us), to 9 to 13 foot swells, which is nothing, when cruising.

Actually, I need a little more swell to really sleep at night, 18 to 23 foot swells.........that's a good start.

And Jean's husband, who was a Navy Captain, never enjoyed the comforts of the stabilizer system that most of the RCCL ships have today. He is a true sailor..........and, by the way, we miss sailing with you two!:)

Rick

We have done this cruise twice Van. to Hawaii. First time in Sept /06 it was like glass the whole way with glorious sunshine.

Sept. /11 it was great again but not as warm.

Vancouver is usually lovely in Sept., the early Spring is iffy for warm temperatures.

Archived