Solstice showing her age?

DCguys

Showing her age ??? She's hardly 4 years old, for God's sake !!! And she's already got a yard visit / drydock a short while ago .....

If a cruise line allows a ship to show her age after not even 4 full years at sea, it does not belong in the right industry.

== X == does belong in this industry, big time !

Cheers

You just made me laugh out loud! I said the same thing to myself and then I read your post!

You took the words right out of my mouth! I had to make sure they weren't referring to the Millie or Century.....not a four year old ship!

:-)

hvxkdt.jpg

The fact that ships are made of steel and sit in a bath of corrosive liquid does not help the ship's aesthetics.

We were on the Allure of the Seas last year - for the third sailing after the inaugural. They were already spot painting the ship to keep corrosion in check.

A little rust here and there is superficial at best, and hardly denotes the ship's overall condition.

The fact that ships are made of steel and sit in a bath of corrosive liquid does not help the ship's aesthetics.

We were on the Allure of the Seas last year - for the third sailing after the inaugural. They were already spot painting the ship to keep corrosion in check.

A little rust here and there is superficial at best, and hardly denotes the ship's overall condition.

As I said in my previous post there was a design fault that caused the ship to look like that and it didn't last long. I have never seen a Celebrity ship look tatty from the outside. After three very rough sea days in the Atlantic this is what Constellation looked like when she arrived in Newfoundland from Cork, the very worst condition I have ever seen of a Celebrity ship;):

2620585440054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Archived