Christmas Cruise on Carribbean Princess - anyone done this?

midime

I just booked us on the Dec. 24 sailing of Carribbean Princess. I'm hoping they have the ship decorated for the holidays and other festive meals, activities etc. Anyone been on a Princess Christmas cruise? Our family of 10 is going - I know its early to think about Christmas but.......I'm excited!!

This will be our first Princess cruise.

We've done quite a few Princess cruises during Christmas, with our children when they were younger and without them now that they are older. Princess always decorates the ship beautifully. I also brought some decorations from home, to decorate our cabin .. a little tree, etc. When in port I sometimes string lights on our balcony .. but then I have to remember to get them down before we sail so they dont blow away LOL. We've always had a wonderful time on the Christmas cruises.

Sounds wonderful!

I've been trying to talk my DH into a Christmas cruise for years, but he refuses!! He insists on a "traditional" Christmas... which in Chicago means bitterly COLD... and freezing SLEET & very WINDY!!

Anyway... I hope you have a GREAT Christmas sailing... I can't wait to read your review!!

We were on the Sea Princess (If I remember correctly) about 3 years ago for Christmas. I don't remember a whole lot added for the holiday. The steel drum band by the pool played some christmas music. A lot of the stateroom doors were decorated by the passengers. Remember seeing a lot of christmas wrapping being thrown away by housekeeping. Nothing done special in the dining rooms (although the food was good). I think there may of been a christmas tree in the atrium.

We had a good time, but as I have already stated in another thread I'm not a huge cruise fan. You will have a good time on the cruise I'm sure, but other than being with family over the holiday I really don't think the christmas aspect of cruising will be much different than sailing at any other time of the year.

I'm not trying (maybe not well) to say it's a bad idea to cruise for the holidays but just don't get overly excited about add-ons. Maybe Princess has added more in the past several years. You'll have a good time with or without them.

Have a great cruise.

We were on Coral's 2003-04 Christmas/New year's cruise. Lots of decorations around the public areas of the ship. IIRC, lots of crew wearing Christmas hats, etc.

Christmas dinner was a special menu - a variation on the formal night menu. Since we were in Ocho Rios on 12/25, it was a "smart casual" night (12/24 had been formal but with a non-formal night menu). Bottom line - expect them to vary the ship's normal routine to make Christmas special - although with a 12/24 departure, I'd expect 12/25 to be formal anyway).

Although we missed it because we were ashore, I do remember Santa was scheduled to land his sleigh on the ship and make an appearance.

Archived