Allure's lifeboat numbers....

What happens if the ship does a "Concordia", and you can't launch half of them? Of course, this could apply to any ship.

Life rafts (unlike life boats) can be deployed at any angle. And if the ship sinks, the rafts deploy themselves from water pressure sensors (the lifeboats need crew to deploy them). Passengers can inflate a life raft (just pull the cord)....passengers cannot deploy a life boat.

If there is a Concordia type situation where the crew and leadership is not evacuating people, get as many people as you can and head to a life raft. Deploy it and get in. Help any others who may be in the water.

How would you handle it if you were on the Concordia and you wanted the lifeboats released and the capt would not call for evacuation?

I would go to the liferafts, pull the cord to inflate one....get as many people as I could, and get in it.

Here's how you inflate them.

I would go to the liferafts, pull the cord to inflate one....get as many people as I could, and get in it.

Here's how you inflate them.

Praise you for being so brave!! I work on a Baltic Sea ferry and I can tell you it is NOT as easy as the video makes it seem :eek:

You need to tie the raft on the railings in two places, check there is nobody under it when it's launched, tie another raft onto the first one before you let ANY people in, close the water shafts in the raft, load enough people in, cut the raft loose from the ship....

We have a drill once a month to simulate the launching of a raft and I assure you, it will need at least two people who know what they are doing...

Going down the slide is not much fun. I do it once a year :rolleyes:

Archived