Redemption of Future Cruise Certificate

I'm curious if anyone has experience using and redeeming a Future Cruise Certificate that they purchased on a prior cruise. I purchased one on our last cruise in May 2011 and I just booked our next cruise for later this year. I called my Carnival PVP and gave him the certificate number and he said the 'deposit' should be applied and my OBC will also appear.

I have not seen any adjustment made to my account (showing the credit) and adjusting my final due amount when I check my booking online. Shouldn't this credit show up? Also, is there any place to check/verify my OBC or do I just wait until I board to verify this? We cruise at the end of October so there is plenty of time to get this resolved.

This is the first time I have tried this so any words of advice from those experienced with this process would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I just sent one in about 10 days ago and just got notification it had been credited. You should receive a confirmation email showing that it was credited. Yes, I have purchased FCC's and used them on bookings I already had.

It can take up to 10 business days for those to show up - if it hasn't been that long, give it a little time. If it's been longer, I'd call back and ask directly.

Thanks for the info - it hasn't been quite that long yet - so I'll wait another week. I had given it 1 week (5 business days):D

Ours took about 2 wks. It didn't show up as a deposit, but a $100. reduction in final payment. You can check for your OBC under mange my cruise on their website. Ours showed up about 2 wks after our TA submitted the FCC, it may have been slightly longer.

I'm curious if anyone has experience using and redeeming a Future Cruise Certificate that they purchased on a prior cruise. I purchased one on our last cruise in May 2011 and I just booked our next cruise for later this year. I called my Carnival PVP and gave him the certificate number and he said the 'deposit' should be applied and my OBC will also appear.

I have not seen any adjustment made to my account (showing the credit) and adjusting my final due amount when I check my booking online. Shouldn't this credit show up? Also, is there any place to check/verify my OBC or do I just wait until I board to verify this? We cruise at the end of October so there is plenty of time to get this resolved.

This is the first time I have tried this so any words of advice from those experienced with this process would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

We used ours for our upcoming cruise and it took about 10 business days to be applied. Ours was $200 so we recieved $100 credit back to our CC and then another $100 to OBC.

The 100.00 credit is basically the 100.00 deposit you paid for the certificate being applied to your new booking. The on board credit depends on how many days you are sailing.....which is the bonus of buying the FCC now and using it later.

$50 3-5 day cruise

$75 6 day cruise

$100 7-9 day cruise

$200 12 days or longer

they are a little bit behind and are applying them based on sail date. i just used mine for my may cruise. i booked and paid the full deposit. after i booked i applied the fcc and recieved an email that it could be 3 weeks. about 10 days later i recieved another email that said it was applied. i looked and had $50 of OBC, checked (by this time i had already made the full payment) i went online to check my credit card statement and pay my bill and i had $100 credited back to my account. i love theses FCC made the cruise about $250 per person!!

Archived