Oasis Review w/tons of pics 3/24-3/31-closest thing ever to a perfect cruise!!

On 2 separate Disney cruises, the latest in 2011, we booked a room in the Comfort Suites across the street from Atlantis and got 4 bracelets for all the waterpark,slides, etc access at Atlantis. I paid around 220 dollars with the AAA discount. We get a taxi from the pier to the Comfort Suites, check into the Comfort Suites, get the paperwork, then walk to Atlantis and get bracelets, and never use the room at Comfort Suites. It is much cheaper that way. There is full access at Atlantis. Book plenty ahead of time to make sure you get your room, esp at peak season.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I keep bringing up the cost, I just hate to have to pay ship excursion prices. But we all had a fabulous time so I'm really just joking, not complaining.:)

I've just started reading your review (sent by terpanfan) and this has probably already been discussed but just in case it hasn't, you can purchase a day pass to Atlantis at the hotel for $100/pp. Much cheaper than going through the cruise line.

Last November, while on NCL Epic, I "took the plunge" on this slide! You do have some "hang / air" time once you release yourself. Legs crossed, release, and fold your arms across your chest - and in about 4 to 5 seconds later you are "done" in the receiving pool at the bottom. You don't even have time to "admire" the sharks - because you are traveling at a "high rate of fuel consumption!"

Now, I am "older" guy - 57 to be exact, and will try anything within reason ONCE. After that first plunge, I was hooked on the rush of the free fall, and went down it a few more times!

Enjoy it! Leap of Faith is the right name for this slide.

That slide literally looks like it's straight up & down....? That looks freakin' scary!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi PhoenixDawgCruising,

I didn't realize this review was a year old until I reached the end. I clicked on your review link from your CD Amy post. I actually did send you a friend request today because I wanted to see your photos. I just booked a Spring Break cruise for March 2014 and like others I was slightly hesitant about the crowds but many of the reviews have alleviated these fears.

We were actually not planning to do much of anything in St. Thomas but now you have me thinking that I need to rethink this. I love vacation planning.

Thank you again for the great review and I am looking forward to seeing the pics.

Archived