Roatan-time concers

Coralsugar

Hi

Ā 

Our ship is coming to Roatan at 8am, leaving 3pm. As a first time cruiser I think that means to be back around 1pm, maybe stay at Mahogany bay beach or shops but be within walkable distance.

Ā 

So that doesnt leave much time on the island.

I was thinking to book private Bodden tour for monkeys, iguana farm, scenic stops and pictures, ziplining, lunch at local place and Tabanya beach.

Ā 

Now it sounds like too much and I dont want to running, on the otger side I want to see so much of this island.

Ā 

So how do you squeeze everthing in?

I dont even know if it wothy to book private guide for such short time. I was considering maybe just give up on some and do Bodden group tour.

Im not giving up Tabanya Beach and tiny time to browse for souvenirs at the port.

Bodden does this for a living, dang near daily.

Ā 

I suggest you email them, with your ship date and name...time you believe you arrive and depart, then tell them the things you wish to do... they can, without a doubt, tell you exactly how much time you need and make recommendations..

Ā 

Enjoy the island

I think that means to be back around 1pm, maybe stay at Mahogany bay beach or shops but be within walkable distance.

Ā 

Before you get off the ship, they will tell you what time to be back on board... it won't be 2 hours early!

I think that is a pretty hefty schedule. We had enough time to do a half island tour, snorkel, eat lunch, relax a bit and back to ship.

We used Roatan Sun Splash Tours, they are private drivers and the guy we had was great. He did well keep us on time. I wasn't ready to go. Loved this stop. The snorkeling was awesome. We went to a private spot that no other tourists use. Best we ever did. I highly recommend these guys and the snorkeling. It is worth leaving the dock and getting out to see the island. Have fun! By the way, I'm Albertan too! Talking with our driver in Roatan, he said the owner's wife of Sunsplash is from Edmonton, funny!

Ā 

Ā 

Hi

Ā 

Our ship is coming to Roatan at 8am, leaving 3pm. As a first time cruiser I think that means to be back around 1pm, maybe stay at Mahogany bay beach or shops but be within walkable distance.

Ā 

So that doesnt leave much time on the island.

I was thinking to book private Bodden tour for monkeys, iguana farm, scenic stops and pictures, ziplining, lunch at local place and Tabanya beach.

Ā 

Now it sounds like too much and I dont want to running, on the otger side I want to see so much of this island.

Ā 

So how do you squeeze everthing in?

I dont even know if it wothy to book private guide for such short time. I was considering maybe just give up on some and do Bodden group tour.

Im not giving up Tabanya Beach and tiny time to browse for souvenirs at the port.

I did the "Fun-n-Sun" tour. Stopped at two different straw market locations with pretty good photo ops, stopped at Victor's zoo, then went to the beach. They were going to bring us back about 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to return and we thought that wasn't going to be enough time. We asked to be returned early to Mahogany Bay instead of the private local beach and they did without question. We tipped our driver $20 for the service and ended up with two hours to hang out at Mahogany Beach and shopping at the port.

Ā 

Bottom line...I'd highly recommend VB tours. They not only know what they're doing, but they're totally flexible. You should have enough time to hit everything you want to hit...they'll make sure of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived