Celebrity Cruise with 8 month old

buster444

Hi,

We are a little nervous about taking our 8 month old on her first cruise at the end of the month. We will be on the Celebrity Summit, visiting the Caribbean and Bermuda. We are starting to think about what we need to pack and have a few questions.

1. What condition are the cribs on the Summit? We have reserved one for our room, but are not sure if we should just bring our own.

2. Are we allowed to bring an inflatable pool for the pool deck seeing as she is not allowed in the pool?

3. Will the dining room prepare steamed vegetables for her without salt or added sauces? She is eating soft finger foods but is not allowed salt etc.

4. Does anyone know if the rental toy program would include toys that would be suitable for her age group? Does anyone know what kinds of toys are offered? Should I just bring my own?

5. Does anyone know what type of play facilities they have. Would any of it be appropriate for an 8 month old.

6. How have you kept your babies cool while out and about on the islands?

Would love any other tips you might have - re: car seats, excursions, etc.

Thanks so much!!

The cribs (or P&P's)_ are fine...nice and clean...no need to bring one.

Bring the "duck tub"...you can use it for bathing and splashing on deck. You won't need anything larger.

Yes...they will fix you "baby-friendly" foods.

You don't "rent" the toys...it's simply an exchange....bring any "comfort items", but there will be toys to use.....not that an 8 month old needs much variety.

Same with the "play" facilities....how much "playing" does an 8 mo. old do??

Bring a stroller with a shade....and some wetwipes...that will help with heat. Son't stay out too long if it's too hot....babies do tend to overheat easily.

If you use excursions with buses...you won't need a carseat. And, depending on your ports, some taxis don't have usable seatbelts....go to the Port of Call Boards to find out specifics of private vs. ship excursions.

Do bring all the diapers and other paraphenalia you'll need, along with any and all medications for baby...the ship won't have much (if any) to choose from!

Hi,

We are a little nervous about taking our 8 month old on her first cruise at the end of the month. We will be on the Celebrity Summit, visiting the Caribbean and Bermuda. We are starting to think about what we need to pack and have a few questions.

1. What condition are the cribs on the Summit? We have reserved one for our room, but are not sure if we should just bring our own.

The crib is actually a pack and play. Just ask for extra sheets to give it a little more softness and it will work fine!

2. Are we allowed to bring an inflatable pool for the pool deck seeing as she is not allowed in the pool?

Not sure if they allow that by the pool, but we brought one and used it on our balcony. Our room steward was able to get us a bucket that helped fill it w/ water.

3. Will the dining room prepare steamed vegetables for her without salt or added sauces? She is eating soft finger foods but is not allowed salt etc.

yes the dining room is very accomodating. get things w/ out sauce or seasoning wont be a problem at all. You can also ask for specialty things (scrambled eggs, toast, hard boiled eggs, etcc)

4. Does anyone know if the rental toy program would include toys that would be suitable for her age group? Does anyone know what kinds of toys are offered? Should I just bring my own?

The toys are in the Fun Factory.5. Does anyone know what type of play facilities they have. Would any of it be appropriate for an 8 month old.

You will be able to take your baby into the Fun Factory and let her play as long as you are with her. Also you will find there are other areas of the ship that during the day are pretty empty and just perfect for letting little ones crawl/run around and burn some energy.

6. How have you kept your babies cool while out and about on the islands?

We bought one of those little battery operated fans for a couple of bucks. That worked out really well. Just make sure you slather her w/ plenty of sunscreen & bring lots of liquids (water, juice, etc) to help her stay hydrated

Would love any other tips you might have - re: car seats, excursions, etc.

Thanks so much!!

A suggestion would be to bring some of the little gerber snacks, portable apple sauces, and lots of hydrating stuff. If you have one of the drink packages w/ Celebrity you will be able to get that stuff right on board (vitamin waters, gatorade, bottled water, etc)

I wouldnt mess w/ bringing the car seat most excursions and cabs wont be able to hold those. Especially Bermuda the busses dont even allow strollers.

You will love Bermuda it is our favorite.

Hope all this helped.

If you could do me a favor when you return. No one has been able to report back what the Fun Factory looks like since the Summits refurbishment. We will be on her a few weeks after you w/ our children. I was really hoping to get some type of idea before we board. So if you could report back w/ your opinion if you go there that would be fantastic!

Oh another thing be sure to bring aloe, baby tylenol, diaper rash cream, and if you have any an antibiotic. These are must w/ a baby toddler. Believe me I have 5 kids and have learned the hard way that these must travel w/ us at all times!!!!

Thanks for the tips. Very useful.

Just one question.... where did you buy the little battery fan. I wanted to get one, but didn't know where to find it.

Thanks

Walmart, Target, dollar stores

Lately I've been getting small, personal size, fans in Walmart in the summer areas. Off season near the ice chests. There are some that will squirt water.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-Carabiner-Water-Misting-Fan/15992433

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-Keychain-Fan/15992434

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-Necklace-Fan/15992432

Archived