Another NativeWay thread...please help me out!

agor75

DH and I were in Grand Cayman on RCI's Freedom on May 17. We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion with Native Way. It was FANTASTIC :D:D! There were only a total of 4 couples onboard with us. We snorkeled some, then went to Stingray City, and then snorkeled some more. Two of the couples did not go onto Rum Point with us.

Lunch at Rum Point was awesome :D. Our order was taken in advance and called in, so when we arrived our meal was ready in less than 5 minutes. We both had Mahi Mahi sandwiches, it was very good. Red Stripe beer was extremely expensive :eek: on Rum Point.

Freedom was in port from 8 am to 4 pm. RCI's last tender was at 3:15 pm. We made it back to port with plenty of time to do some shopping before needing to get on the tender.

This was an awesome excursion. I would highly recommend it to anyone going to Grand Cayman.

• 1 month later...
I just booked their Stringray & Island tour for Nov - I'm sure it will be just fine :p

This is the one I want to do but can't find any reviews on it. Anyone have anything to say about the Stingray and Island Tour????

We are leaving in 2 weeks and I have contacted Nativeways, but can't make up my mind whether to do the Rum Point or the Starfish/snorkeling tour with the sting ray. Any advice? It's my husband and I and a 10yr and 14yr old. Is there snorkeling at Rum point, is it any good? Thanks!

We are leaving in 2 weeks and I have contacted Nativeways, but can't make up my mind whether to do the Rum Point or the Starfish/snorkeling tour with the sting ray. Any advice? It's my husband and I and a 10yr and 14yr old. Is there snorkeling at Rum point, is it any good? Thanks!

We did the Rays, Reef and RumPoint tour last summer with Nativeway and had an outrageous time. The beach was beautiful, and yes, you can see some fish under the dock at the beach.

I would highly recommend the tour we did, although I will say, we were the least impressed with the snorkeling part and certainly would have missed not going to Rum Point beach. Our kids ages were 16, 14, 12 and 8 and we all felt the same way. Their favorite parts of the tour were the rays and beach, lunch being included was icing on the cake. Maybe you will feel different if snorkeling is really important to you.

FYI, this was our first time snorkeling in the Caribbean and we expected to see hundreds of colorful fish swimming around us and this was not the case. Our expectations for snorkeling were probably set too high LOL. With that being said, we still had a great time, and this certainly wasn't Nativeway's fault. :)

This is the one I want to do but can't find any reviews on it. Anyone have anything to say about the Stingray and Island Tour????

I arranged for a private Stingray and Island tour with 18 others from our ship in March. Eldon and Sharon were wonderful as were the two who took us to the Stingrays. Because I had more than 10 sign up under my name, we were given a $5 discount and $75 cash refund which we used toward the tip.

The only negative I will say about the Island tour itself is that a some of the stops are to stores. The Rum Factory was just a store selling rum and souveniers. While waiting for Sharon to start our tour, we went to the Tortuga Rum Shop at the dock and actually got a better price since it was early in the morning and they offered a discount. Hell also had a shop with souveniers which just decreases the time you spend at the Turtle Farm. It was our last stop and we probably only had about 20 minutes there. Would like to have spent more time there as it was pretty interesting.

I would have preferred to go to Stingray City in the afternoon but Sharon said she would run the tour for our 19 separately or we could join with another tour in the afternoon and have over 40 on it. We chose to go in the morning but the sandbar is pretty crowded then. I hear it isn't so bad in the afternoon. Just something to consider.

I would use Naiveways again but maybe just choose a different tour.

Archived