Something wrong on Eclipse? (3/24 sailing review)

Archaegeo

Thanks for the review, but I have one small point with the statement about punishing the adults by taking away the lawn games because the staff can't monitor the kids. IMO, it's not the staff's job to monitor kids, it's the parents' job to monitor their kids.

I'm still curious why we didn't get a final printed invoice. My DH liked getting the invoice with all the zeros because he could see how we did with the drink package. Maybe Captains Club would know? Also, on our Silhouette cruise we did sign receipts for our drinks in the beginning but it seemed later on when they had our numbers we didn't.

As for CC hosts - Julianna is at the top of our list. We have never sailed with Chandru, but after all the nice comments hope to do so in the future. Donette did a good job as well.

Lucy

Interesting thread...experiences certainly can vary from cruise to cruise. Our only complaint on our last cruise was with the room steward who was lax (didn't provide fruit basket, left dirty dishes).

I avoid spring break and holiday sailings as I'm sure staff is overwhelmed during these periods and less likely to provide the level of service we expect from X.

Just curious, what exactly does the Captains Club host do for passengers? Is he/she there primarily to cater to Elite and PH guests (of which I am neither....yet). I had no interactions with Chandru on our Eclipse cruise,other than some voicemails reminding me of CC events.

I have to say though that I did really enjoy Mike Gibbs much more than other CDs I have encountered. I likes his sense of humor and he was friendly whenever we met him.

We ONLY sail on spring breaks, and will be headed off on Eclipse in a week's time when our area gets break. Celebrity has never let us down during that time of year. We have never had significant concerns about service on ny of our Celebrity sailings. I have been reading the boards, though, and wonder if reducing staff is part of the expense management strategy. I think it must be. So the already hard-working staff may be completely pedal to the metal in places.

Archived