Something wrong on Eclipse? (3/24 sailing review)

Archaegeo

Hi Everyone,

We've also sailed with Chandru, and I'm surprised to hear the negative comment, as we found him to be very personable. As Orator mentioned, perhaps he was dealing with a family situation. Perhaps it was someone else ?

I hope Chandru will be onboard when we sail on Eclipse next weekend. Anyone know who the new Cruise Director is ?

On Edit : Never mind. I noticed on another thread, that Lisa Richard is Eclipse's CD.

I was on the 03/17 sailing & also found the bar staff to be hit & miss. Some of the bar tenders acted almost surly while others were very friendly. There may be an explanation and perhaps some of the more experienced cruisers can comment whether this is plausible.

I was talking with a bartender during a downtime (my son & I were the only ones at the bar) & we got into how he came to work for Celebrity, how long he had been with Celebrity, etc. He mentioned that his contract was up & he was still waiting whether his contract was going to be renewed & where he was going to be assigned. When he said this, his demeanor changed from very cheerful to serious. He then mentioned that the assignments/contract renewals were late and no one knew why & he was concerned. So it may be that staff (and I have no idea whether this was limited to bar staff) are up-in-the-air as to if and where they will be assigned. The bar tender said he was supposed to be going to the Reflection (which is what he wanted), but now he was unsure about his status.

If this is the case, it may be understandable that some staff members were either distracted and not up to their normal attentiveness.

I absolutely understand that everyone has a different experience/impression. We have had CC Host/Hostesses that have gone out of their way to make our cruises so special.

What I can say about Chandru was that the first day we met him, he looked directly over my head, which isn't hard to do as I'm slightly over 5 foot tall. I have a pet peeve. If you are talking to me and me to you, look me in the eye. Each time we saw him, he introduced himself again. Like I said before, I have no idea how many Elite members were on our cruise.

He happened to be at the Future Cruise desk when we met to book our next cruise. Nothing. No recollection we had met many times before. We couldn't get a complete question out before he interrupted. There was a huge line to accomodate so we chalked it up to being overwhelmed. Again, it didn't impact our cruise, nor our love of Celebrity. It's just that we have been treated better by other CC hosts.

Hi Everyone,

We've also sailed with Chandru, and I'm surprised to hear the negative comment, as we found him to be very personable. As Orator mentioned, perhaps he was dealing with a family situation. Perhaps it was someone else ?

I hope Chandru will be onboard when we sail on Eclipse next weekend. Anyone know who the new Cruise Director is ?

On Edit : Never mind. I noticed on another thread, that Lisa Richard is Eclipse's CD.

Lisa Richard as CD???? - She just got off the Silhouette with us on March 29th and was supposedly heading home. If she suddenly got transferred due to an emergency situation, the Eclipse is in for a treat.

Much too much to mention, but here are some highlights:

1. Neglected to take laundry from cabin for more than 24 hours and barlely made iut back prior to leaving ship

2. We were on a B2B and had to switch cabin to the one next door. He disappeared when we asked him for help making the move. He was the attendant for both cabins!

3. "Forgot" to bring C snacks three of the seven days ( didn't need them anyway).

4. Kept bring non CC towels to room after he was told several times we wanted them

5. Yelled at my DW when she interrupted his dinner to request an item that we'd been waiting for all day.

6. Cabin was dirty

Perhaps not big things, but they added up.

The cabin was dirty, he yelled at a passenger and you say "Perhaps not big things?"

You are a much nicer person than I am.

the captain made an announcement on our Silhouette cruise that Lisa was leaving for Eclipse. I wonder how long she will be on board?

Also, we did not get a printed invoice before we left. That was a first for us. is this new?

Lucy

Hi Everyone,

Chandru may not be onboard Eclipse next weekend as he was on since early Nov. last year.

He is a very pleasant guy,can't ask for more.

We recently took our first HAL cruise and found the same thing with the receipts. They couldn't print one at all, and when we asked how to tip extra beyond the already included 15%, they said cash only. We noticed on that cruise as well that it was much harder to get bar/wait service for drinks. We thought it was just HAL or that ship, but maybe it's a new industry thing? We found our favorite bartender, bellied up with a nice cash tip, and it was wonderful service for the rest of the cruise.

I am confused. We were on the 3/10 sailing of Eclipse and we got receipts to sign every time we ordered a drink. So we could add an additional tip. If this is true it must have just started.

the captain made an announcement on our Silhouette cruise that Lisa was leaving for Eclipse. I wonder how long she will be on board?

Also, we did not get a printed invoice before we left. That was a first for us. is this new?

Lucy

Missed that announcement, I guess.

We did get a printed invoice in the cabin the night before.

On the 3/24 cruise we didnt get a printed invoice,and out TV bill wasnt working the entire cruise so I had to visit GR several times to monitor my bill. No big deal there, just another oddity.

And we had no problem with the CC other than the afore mentioned mistake with our cruise level.

And it wasnt a majority of the crew or wait staff that was surly, but it was enough that it impacted the cruise. Normally on celebrity you have to work really hard to find someone who isnt smiling, not this time.

A great cruise, we will sail X again, just wont pick solstice class for the lawn club due to them getting rid of some of the lawn games and turning the lawn into a big layout area. We might sail the class again for other reasons, but the lawn was a deciding factor for us for this one, hence our disappointment (and there were no more pitchers of sangria at the sunset bar, had been replaced with pitchers of some easier drink, or maybe was just difference in med vs carib cruise)

Lucy

Lucy, we didn't get one either. This is the second time for us. Last was on Summit in October 2011.

Frank did go down the day before and pay most of the bill in cash and did get a copy as of then, but we did have some charges after that. I'm surprised as I did see invoices in other passengers doorways on the final morning.

Yes, CD Lisa left Silhouette on 3/29 to head for Eclipse. She is a very talented lady.

I am confused. We were on the 3/10 sailing of Eclipse and we got receipts to sign every time we ordered a drink. So we could add an additional tip. If this is true it must have just started.

I'm pretty sure the ones not getting a receipt are the ones who have the drink package because the drinks have already been paid for.

Chandru is now home dealing with some health issues. He assured me he WILL be back after some recovery time.

He is probably the finest CC host I have ever had. When he returns, I am certain he will be back in top form.

Anne

Seems that he wasn't able to leave as planned on the 24th. I wish Chandru and his family well and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

IMO the top CC Hosts are:

Juliana

Chandru

Donette

The rest are on the B list for us.

Ah, the debate begins :) You cannot have a "top list" that does not include Ti-Ann. Really not much of a "B" list for the Captain's Club Host/Hostess position.

Seems that he wasn't able to leave as planned on the 24th. I wish Chandru and his family well and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

I was really sorry to read that. He is so family oriented that staying on for another week must have been awful for him. Hopefully, those who did not see him at his best will get another opportunity when he returns.

Oh, and nice meeting you and your wife. :)

Anne

Archived