zoo in PV

aawheat

We have been there a few times. Best and easy way is a cab. Take a yellow one from the street next to the terminal. As we drive in our own car I am not sure about the rate. In any case make you rate before you enter the cab. I guess it will be around Pesos 200,- one way. Maybe somebody else can tell you the exact rate.

You can get there by bus, but not only takes it a long time, you also have to changes buses on different streets. The Zoo is more or less near Mismaloya.

Check the website of the Zoo, it gives lots of information:

http://www.zoologicodevallarta.com/zooi.html

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to the zoo and purchased one the packages that allows you to take pictures with the cubs? If so what cubs do they have? The wife and I will be going in September and wanted to know the chances of us taking pictures with a tiger or jaguar or lion cubs.

I know you don't the package to play with the cubs, they charge $10 for so long to do it. My family will be doing this in May.

Please let me know how this turns out would be great to know how it works, cost and what cubs they have!

Thanks! Have fun on your cruise! Lucky you, sailing out on my birthday!

In January they had 2 small tigers, but they will be too big then to hold. We havenot been back since. Why not send them an e-mail with your questions? It seems to me it is a bit difficult now to tell what young animals they will have in September.

Or check tripadvisor.com forum Puerto vallarta, maybe some of the locals know more.

Already shot them an email, how did you like it? The packages they have online only offer 10-15 .min for photos with the cubs. Is that true? What package did you choose? How is the zoo itself? How did you get to the zoo from the port? Thanks!

We havenot used the package the last few times we visited the Zoo, but have seen people doing and enjoying it.

It might be a good idea to book online, to avoid waiting in case others are with the animals.

The Zoo from the port is best by doing by cab. The Zoo is close to Mismaloya, south of PV. Since we have our car here I donot know the fare for a cab, but I guess it will be around Pesos 200,-/250,- Maybe others know that.

The yellowcabs from the highway charge for the ride, make your fare before entering. Those at the cruiseterminal charge per person and are more expensive. Driving time will be (depending traffic) 30/40 minutes.

By bus is a bit more complicated since you need to take 2 different buses and it will take much longer.

The road goes through town and then along the coast, very scenic.

Already shot them an email, how did you like it? The packages they have online only offer 10-15 .min for photos with the cubs. Is that true? What package did you choose? How is the zoo itself? How did you get to the zoo from the port? Thanks!

We went to the zoo last July when we stayed in PV for a week. We purchased the animal encounter program ($500 pesos per person) when we got there as we did not know what cubs they would have. When were where there we got to spend as much time with the cubs ( Lion, Tiger, Jaguar). They also had a squiral monkey and boa constrictor.

The zoo is very different from a zoo in the US. You are able to feed all of the animals (they know the bag of food) it is set in a natural canyon/rainforest so you walk up a hill and then back down. We enjoyed our time there and will go back again when in PV this year.

We purchased the animal encounter program ($500 pesos per person)

That's the same price I was quoted. Everyone I know that's been to this zoo says it's amazing. Next time we stop in PV we'll definitely go. I found this super cute video that walks you through the zoo

If you don't know the area very well, I would recommend taking a taxi. It's more expensive but it's faster and a lot less stressful!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got back from our cruise on May 27, we went to the zoo. We hired a driver for the day it was $90 plus tip to go to the zoo where he waited for us, then drove us downtown for shopping and then back to the ship. The zoo was great. I paid $205 for 4 package deals for my family. This included admission for 5, 4 bags of food, and baby tiger time. I tried to buy everything separtely but they told me to add the tigers on at the end would be $40 per person. I just purchased the package. We feed alot of differnt animals and had a great time doing so. The zoo is not as nice as a US zoo, but we found it to be fine. We played the the tigers as the end. They had one that was 5 months old and was quite big and 2 that were 6 weeks old. I did get nipped by one of the smaller tigers and it did break the skin, but come on it's a tiger. Overall it was a good day, and my grandson is still talking about it.

Archived