Main Dining Seating

Jimi123

On Carnival, for a family of 4 with 2 children, will you typically be assigned a table alone with your family or with table mates?

If with table mates, what's proper etiquette if you decide to no show? Just don't show up, or let someone know?

You will more than likely have a table with others but not necessarily. If you know the night before you aren't going to show for dinner it would be good to let your server and table mates know you aren't going to show so they won't wait on you.

You will more than likely have a table with others but not necessarily. If you know the night before you aren't going to show for dinner it would be good to let your server and table mates know you aren't going to show so they won't wait on you.

Agreed

I agree! I can't count the number of times we've waited in vain for table mates who don't show up.

When DD was younger we (3) were always assigned a table with another family - it was a great time and the children also enjoyed the company!!! We used to comment on what a wonderful job they did pairing us up. Now we often travel with others and get tables with them only.

Last summer my sister and I took her girls on a 4 night summer trip. We were assigned to a table of 12. On the first night I looked up and thought that my son was on time for dinner. The young man looked like my son, acted like my son, and was dressed in a university shirt that my son owns (same college) It ended up being a fraternity brother of my son and his family. It was very nice and had a great time at dinner with them. You never know who you will end up sitting with. Its a small world.

When I had traditional dining. I always told our server and tablemates that if we weren't at the table within 10 minutes of our assigned time, then we wouldn't be coming.

We frequently don't eat in the MDR on Elegant evening, so we made sure that they knew that too.

On the Magic recently even though we had YTD, there were so many alternative dining venues all throughout the day, that we only ate in the MDR 3 times. We had Pub Grub a couple of times, made dinner out of sushi one night, went to Cocina del Capitano one night and stuff like that.

Archived