Money Money Money NCL Vs Carnival..Lipz are you out there?

ok so I'm not exactly at the calling and booking stage but I am at the "It's probably a good idea for you and your man to start a savings for this thing bc you will need more then $50 to your name when the time comes," sort of stage lol. I am def torn between Carnival and NCL and I just want to make sure im understanding this right.

Carnival Deluxe Romance package covers reception for up to 20 ppl and then $30 pp additional and NCL embarkation wedding NY you pay about $2000 (what does that cover) and then about $34 pp for a reception and additional cost for reception??

Maybe Lipz could shed some light? Loved your review by the way and congrats!!!:D

I was married on Carnival and I am a Travel Agent who of course researched all of them. Carnival gives you the most for your money. They include both ceremony and reception. Most charge for both. Carnival gave me an amazing wedding! Just pick the right ship.

I'm obviously not Lipz, but she did recently post on another CC board about the cost of NCL weddings--

"NCL will pretty much give you a simple ceremony as you wish but the cost is the cost. They won't waiver on that. They pretty much charge according to the port you are getting married in and whether or not it's on the ship or off. The cheapest would be an on board wedding for just the two of you, no reception, and east coast prices start about $2500. That doesn't include your cruise cost.

We had the onboard wedding ceremony and reception. The reception cost depends on the number of guest. To be honest when all was said and done it was still cheaper than a traditional wedding even with the cost of the cruise."

We also researched NCL vs. Carnival vs. Disney (they all cruise out of NYC) and found that Carnival gave us the most bang for our buck and also made it possible for our families to cruise with us. From what I've noticed the past few months, there seem to be more Carnival brides on these boards than the others.

ok so I'm not exactly at the calling and booking stage but I am at the "It's probably a good idea for you and your man to start a savings for this thing bc you will need more then $50 to your name when the time comes," sort of stage lol. I am def torn between Carnival and NCL and I just want to make sure im understanding this right.

Carnival Deluxe Romance package covers reception for up to 20 ppl and then $30 pp additional and NCL embarkation wedding NY you pay about $2000 (what does that cover) and then about $34 pp for a reception and additional cost for reception??

Maybe Lipz could shed some light? Loved your review by the way and congrats!!!:D

I'm not LIPZ either but I will post a full review including prices when I get back from my cruise. I sail today and get married tomorrow so not much time for details now. I should have a review put together by the end of April. Feel free to email me to remind me because I tend to get distracted toward the end of the semester (I teach college).

I am doing Carnival and I have some great cost cutting suggestions. Put it this way... cruise, 1 hour on-board reception for 21 people (open bar/no food because dinner is immediately following), photographer, flowers, cake, parking.... Out of pocket cost us just under $1400 total. There are tricks and I am a hound on the scent of any deal.

Email is laurareedwedding@gmail.com and you can see some of the details on my wedding website in my signature. Good luck!

I just had to get a last fix and see what Cruiser Jess is up to. Now I am off to my wedding!

I am Lipz!! :D

Thanks to one of our nice members here I was directed to this post. I am still on but not every day so I must have missed it.

As for an NCL I believe what we mainly received was one unique wedding experience. I mean seriously, thousands of people get married every day but how many on a fabulous cruise ship?!? and how many get to vacation as well AND still end up spending less than on a traditional wedding?!?!

As for the numbers we spent $2,400 for our cruise: 2 people, 7 days NYC to Florida & Bahamas, balcony cabin on a higher deck. The NCL wedding package out of NYC was $2667. So the wedding plus cruise cruise was $5067. However, we did pay for a 2 hour reception for 52 people and that was another $5408. So in total we spent $10,475. Now for some that may sound like a lot but remember weddings also have a different cost depending on where you live. We live in NYC where the average wedding is $25,000. We felt and still do, like we saved a bundle!

As I stated in another thread most couples here seem to book their weddings through Carnival and are very pleased. Carnival seems to give you more bang from your buck for all that I've read here. As a NCL bride I can only speak from our experience and I can tell you that they did not disappoint either. It's really going to come down to what you favor more .. cost, freebies, the ship, the itinerary, accessibility etc....

For the gal who wants to book a great cruise take the Exployer of the Seas a must ship, wonderful had so many good times on her sister. I hear so many wonderful stories on this, It could not be better anywhere else on Mariner or Exployer of the Seas. I hear horrid stories on NCL and Princess, since we had a horrible story on Princess last year I can detest that I will never travel with them again, but then RCCl is the one we will only use for now on... try calling for el cheapo packages and try doing mostly everything yourself... have your friends help you with things, as dress, etc... flowers... etc... food you can get on board, but remember for everyone you hire is $$$ its gonna cost you on board... so if your donalds daughter whats a few extra dollars right?:D

• 1 month later...
I am Lipz!! :D

Thanks to one of our nice members here I was directed to this post. I am still on but not every day so I must have missed it.

As for an NCL I believe what we mainly received was one unique wedding experience. I mean seriously, thousands of people get married every day but how many on a fabulous cruise ship?!? and how many get to vacation as well AND still end up spending less than on a traditional wedding?!?!

As for the numbers we spent $2,400 for our cruise: 2 people, 7 days NYC to Florida & Bahamas, balcony cabin on a higher deck. The NCL wedding package out of NYC was $2667. So the wedding plus cruise cruise was $5067. However, we did pay for a 2 hour reception for 52 people and that was another $5408. So in total we spent $10,475. Now for some that may sound like a lot but remember weddings also have a different cost depending on where you live. We live in NYC where the average wedding is $25,000. We felt and still do, like we saved a bundle!

As I stated in another thread most couples here seem to book their weddings through Carnival and are very pleased. Carnival seems to give you more bang from your buck for all that I've read here. As a NCL bride I can only speak from our experience and I can tell you that they did not disappoint either. It's really going to come down to what you favor more .. cost, freebies, the ship, the itinerary, accessibility etc....

Thanks for all the Details.. I love that U are SO kind and giving... That was a great rate, and U are right esp for NYC :)

Thanks for all the Details.. I love that U are SO kind and giving... That was a great rate, and U are right esp for NYC :)

Aww thanks. Just me, being me ...:)

Any New Yorker will tell you, unless you plan to get married in a dark alley in the middle of the night getting married in New York City is a years pay!!!

Heck, even if you do the alley in the middle of the night the rats will probably charge you! :rolleyes:

Aww thanks. Just me, being me ...:)

Any New Yorker will tell you, unless you plan to get married in a dark alley in the middle of the night getting married in New York City is a years pay!!!

Heck, even if you do the alley in the middle of the night the rats will probably charge you! :rolleyes:

LOL I know thats right.. lmbo. Im the same way, Never change its a great way to be. Get more Blessings too, lol :p

Archived