Gold Panning in Carcross?

SKSMIKE5

We'll be renting a car in skagway and driving to Whitehorse. My 11 year old really wants to pan for gold. I thought I saw on one of these posts where someone panned in Carcross. Does anyone know if that's true and if so where is it? It not, where else might we try? Thanks 51 days till we sail!

Murray,

THanks! I assume this "complex" is easy to find!! :) I was looking for someplace to do the dog sled thing. Is there a website for Carcross or the "complex" where I can get details on the dog sledding and gold panning?

I'm going in 16 days on the Diamond. We're renting a car also and have printed out Murrays milepost guide. North to Alaska, I've waited over a year for this and I know I won't be disappointed.....Roy Diamond 5/14

"WeGrimes" we're on RCCL Vision of the Seas... southward, leaving from Seward. Seems like I've been planning it and looking at stuff about Alaska for forever! I can't wait to get there!!

Rowbob50 -- look forward to your review when you get back since you're leaving in only 14 days!!

Everytime I think I have everything planned out I start wondering about that free 10 minutes here and there!! HA! need some time to get a drink!! :)

Thanks for the link to Carabou Crossing.. we've got Murray's guide and can't wait to go!!

Archived