If you live in Jax or sailed from there recently:

kayhold

There is conflicting information here on CC about whether or not the parking OUTSIDE port, that was previously Jax Park and Ride, is closed.

I know they were bought by VIP Parking, and operate out of the airport now, but did someone else take over that lot?

Is Carnival parking @$15-$20 a day the only option at the cruise port now?

One person said the lot is empty and not used, someone else claimed it was still open.

Not quite the answer you want but saw a VIP shuttle at the airport last week. So they are still in business. Also, read a few positive reviews here.

I park at the port since I am at the beach and makes no sense for me to drive north.

Check the port reviews or just google.

Hello I sailed out of Jaxport on St. Pattys day. March 17, 2012 and there was a lot on the corner of the road you turn on to get to the port, and it was open encouraging people to park there. Now i don't know the name. We parked at the cruise terminal. I have no idea what the rate was there I'm sure it was cheaper than the 15.00 a day I paid.

Not quite the answer you want but saw a VIP shuttle at the airport last week. So they are still in business. Also, read a few positive reviews here.

I park at the port since I am at the beach and makes no sense for me to drive north.

Check the port reviews or just google.

Thanks, but VIP is at the airport. I am specifically trying to find out if the old Jax Park and Ride is open under another company, and if they are, the name so I can find pricing. I do not want to pay Jax port pricing, and I will use our hotels shuttle if I have to, but would rather use what/whoever has taken over the old Jax Park and Ride if it is in fact, still open.

Nothing shows up google wise because Jax Park and Ride just recently sold to VIP and I can not find new information regarding what happened to the lot.

Archived