Management Decision On Quest's April 12 "Spice Route" Cruise

Bill Leiber

I was very pleased to have a phone message today from Miami saying that the refund for expenses is being processed. Thank you Bill for stirring this up.

My problem now is that the amounts she mentioned are more than I think we are due. Will we receive an itemised account so that I can check this and if necessary repay, or do I 'take what we are given and run' as the saying goes???

Many thanks,

Sue

Well put, as for ringing the USA not a chance I am down on the deal already! I have just come off the Journey and asked the concierge to read my email and contact Miami to explain the lack of a receipt due to buying a postal order still waiting a reply................:mad::mad:

Hello Lindentree -

I know that you're waiting for reimbursement of your visa fees and pre-paid, non-refundable Heathrow airport parking.

I'm aware that the status of your request has been resolved and highly recommend that you telephone the UK Customer Relations team members in London at: 01932 834330, so that you'll be able to "state your case" without delay.

Actually, there is no need for you to telephone Miami in the US. I'm sorry that I didn't state that point more clearly when I was mentioning my contacting the offices on both sides of the Atlantic.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I was very pleased to have a phone message today from Miami saying that the refund for expenses is being processed. Thank you Bill for stirring this up.

My problem now is that the amounts she mentioned are more than I think we are due. Will we receive an itemised account so that I can check this and if necessary repay, or do I 'take what we are given and run' as the saying goes???

Many thanks,

Sue

Hello Sue -

Thanks for sharing this positive news about your refund for visa costs.

It is my understanding that the AUS office will be disbursing your refund check. With that in mind, your best solution is to contact AUS Customer Relations directly for answers to your specific questions about the accuracy of the amount you were told today by the Miami representative, compared to your own estimate. As it is "written" - Honesty is the best policy.

 Telephone: Reservations number - 1300 754 500 - or our Sydney switchboard number - 02 4331 5400 - and request Customer Relations

 Email: Customerservices.au@rcclapac.com

Good luck in this last endeavor and thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Azamara's very nice director of marketing has intervened but the result is the same - Azamara will only cover part of the pre paid, pre booked airfares and will not cover the cost of the pre booked, pre paid hotel...

So all in all the failure of Azamara to provide me with my booked and paid for holiday has cost me £873 as I booked my flights and hotel seperately! Great value I don't think so. Unfortunately my "excellent" travel insurance doesn't cover me for your inability to keep to your side of our contract.

So Bill next stage is to refer my case to the Sunday Times Travel watchdog which hopefully they might print in their newspaper and write a formal complaint to your chairman. Whether this will do any good remains to be seen.

At least it has made up my mind never, ever to do business with your company again and as to the "money off vouchers" well I don't think my comments are printable.

DJ62

Hi Bill

Azamara's very nice director of marketing has intervened but the result is the same - Azamara will only cover part of the pre paid, pre booked airfares and will not cover the cost of the pre booked, pre paid hotel...

So all in all the failure of Azamara to provide me with my booked and paid for holiday has cost me £873 as I booked my flights and hotel seperately! Great value I don't think so. Unfortunately my "excellent" travel insurance doesn't cover me for your inability to keep to your side of our contract.

So Bill next stage is to refer my case to the Sunday Times Travel watchdog which hopefully they might print in their newspaper and write a formal complaint to your chairman. Whether this will do any good remains to be seen.

At least it has made up my mind never, ever to do business with your company again and as to the "money off vouchers" well I don't think my comments are printable.

DJ62

Could not agree more!

Desiree & John

Newcastle

Hello Lindentree -

I know that you're waiting for reimbursement of your visa fees and pre-paid, non-refundable Heathrow airport parking.

I'm aware that the status of your request has been resolved and highly recommend that you telephone the UK Customer Relations team members in London at: 01932 834330, so that you'll be able to "state your case" without delay.

Actually, there is no need for you to telephone Miami in the US. I'm sorry that I didn't state that point more clearly when I was mentioning my contacting the offices on both sides of the Atlantic.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bill,

I spoke to London on the 29th May as they had left a message asking me to call them. Once again I explained the lack of proof of purchase and she said Miami would ring me needless to say I didn't get a call!:rolleyes:

Hi Bill

So all in all the failure of Azamara to provide me with my booked and paid for holiday has cost me £873 as I booked my flights and hotel seperately!

DJ62

We had this similar problem last year regarding hotels. We had the option to rebook when Egypt was canceled and Azamara (posted on CC) had offered to cover various non-refundable fares including hotels (up to a certain amount). It was not a straight refund but was conditional on booking another cruise with Azamara, and amount would be put towards a credit on the new cruise/itinerary (not cash back).

We had pre-booked the Hyatt in Dubai using their non-refundable vouchers. They can be reused on a space available basis and only if that level voucher is available (that is the catch, it was not a credit that can be used whenever). I asked all the questions before rebooking and explained exactly what we had, and was told it was not a problem. This went on for months trying to get a refund. I even had it in writing from Azamara that they would issue the credit if I had a letter from Hyatt Corporate stating the vouchers were not refundable. I did get that letter as requested. After spending hours on this Azamara still refused the refund (and yes, I offered to give them the vouchers - let them go figure out where they could use the vouchers). We were out $500.00 USD.

Hi Bill

DJ62

Maybe you should put in the request and the have proof of the denial letter from your insurance to send back to Azamara.

Archived