Your Kids favorite things to do on a cruise and scavenger hunt idea

I am sailing with 30+ guests for a vow renewal on the Norwegian Dawn. My cruise is not for a long while but I am gathering little bits all the time. I have between 10-14 kids coming of all ages:

16+ =4

11+= 4

9+= 2

3+= 3

under 3= 1 or 2 maybe more depending on what announcements are made in the coming months.

I would love to know what everyones kids loved the most to do on the ship.

I am also planning a picture scavenger hunt for the 9+ and older kids as well. My plan is to do this on the first or second day of the cruise. I will be having them find places they should know like:

Nanas cabin

kids club

dining room

bathrooms

towel stand

medical doctors office

our meeting spot should there be an emergency

4 candid adult pictures of people cruising with us who are not your parents( to help them find adults cruising with us)

If I get seperated where do I go?

At the end of the scavenger hunt they will have to turn in thier pictures for a prize. The older kids will have either harder ones or less time to find things.

Do you think this would be a good idea? And anything you think would be great to add? I would also like to add in some goofy things too but don't know what they are yet.

I've never traveled with kids, but that sounds like a great idea! A while back, we were cruising on the Star and had a CC friend that we'd cruised with before who was sailing about a month later He asked me to take random photos on the ship and then send him copies so he could do a scavenger hunt himself.

I took probably 10-15 photos and sent to him, and he and his some of his roll-call group did a scavenger hunt with them. Some of them were pretty obscure, and others were fairly noticeable. You could ask for someone who is sailing the Dawn a month or so before you are if they could come up with some other pictures kids might be able to find.

Our kids have loved the kids crew / teen crew on the Dawn for years. And, with NCL re-vamping it.... even more and better activities are planned.

As far as the scavenger hunt goes... sounds like a GREAT idea! You could also have them get an officer's signature (if it's during the day on a sea day, you'll find them hanging around the pool and Garden Cafe area). Other picture ideas: Marilyn Monroe (any stairwell mid-ship), one of the fine art pieces that hang in Le Bistro, one of the library, game room, chapel. Just a few ideas. If I can think of more, I'll post again.

Sounds fun! Maybe instead of giving them less time/harder pictures, you could assign an older child with a younger one to find all of the pictures. That way the younger ones don't end up wandering around lost, they get to know the older kids a little better, and they don't have to have an adult with them the entire time they're doing the scavenger hunt.

You need to make the Scavenger Hunt more fun. Those ideas aren't going to get kids geeked up.

Have them find things like:

The price of a large latte

Have them get their picture taken with someone from the Phillipines

Have them get the signature of someone wearing a red bathing suit

Have them count how many staterooms are on the 8th floor

Have them figure out what country the Captain came from

• 6 months later...
You need to make the Scavenger Hunt more fun. Those ideas aren't going to get kids geeked up.

Have them find things like:

The price of a large latte

Have them get their picture taken with someone from the Phillipines

Have them get the signature of someone wearing a red bathing suit

Have them count how many staterooms are on the 8th floor

Have them figure out what country the Captain came from

You're right...they need to be specific and random!

Your scavenger hunt sounds like a fabulous idea! Kids of all ages (including us parents) had a blast doing the ship "OSA" (Organized Staff Activity) on the ship. Look in your Dailies (daily newsletter, delivered to your cabin) each day, you will find family-style photo scavenger hunts as well. If the teens, tweens & kids join their age appropriate club on board, they will also sponsor more scavenger hunts.

I really like your idea to get them acclimated to the ship. I think I'll "borrow" that on our next cruise!!

Enjoy your cruise!

~Michele:D

Archived