Please Someone Answrer This Question

CRUISE4JANE

I have been trying to figure this out and posted this but so far, I have no replies. When I look at Fare Viewer for a price drop and see it, I also click on the Category Fares. Why is it that the Category Fares for say an 8C (which I have) is always much more than the fare listed for the price drop? If I wanted to upgrade where do I look? If the price listed is $100 less, how does the upgrade come into place? How would you know how much the upgrade would be? When I do a fake booking, it is always hundreds of dollars more than the price drop. I booked ES and always submit the fare that shows a check by choose your room and a check by upgrade. :confused::confused::confused:

I have been trying to figure this out and posted this but so far, I have no replies. When I look at Fare Viewer for a price drop and see it, I also click on the Category Fares. Why is it that the Category Fares for say an 8C (which I have) is always much more than the fare listed for the price drop? If I wanted to upgrade where do I look? If the price listed is $100 less, how does the upgrade come into place? How would you know how much the upgrade would be? When I do a fake booking, it is always hundreds of dollars more than the price drop. I booked ES and always submit the fare that shows a check by choose your room and a check by upgrade. :confused::confused::confused:

If I'm not sure I go ahead and send in the request-all they can do is say no and I've only turned down once!

When you look at the fareviewer, it's initially showing each Booking type (FunSelect, FunSaver, Early Saver, etc.) available to you based on the eligibility info you entered.

For each of those Booking types it's showing the lowest fare available for that booking type, which would generally be the fare for the lowest sub-Category in the Category (Interior, OceranView, Balcony, Suite) that you selecteed - 8A in your case. Since you have an 8C, you would compare that 8C cruisefare against your current total Cruisefare (not Govt Fees & Taxes) for an 8C. If the FareViewer shows an 8C at a lower fare than your current ES 8C fare, then you can submit a PriceMatch claim to get credit for the difference, checking OBC on the form.

So the FareViewer "summary" page shows the current cruisefare for the lowest priced cabin in each booking type- you have to visit the expanded display to see the cruisefare for your specific sub-category (8C).

If the current cruisefare for any category above yours (say 8D) falls below your current ES cruisefare, then you can choose to upgrade to that higher cabin category (8D) AND get credit for the difference in cruisefares.

ken

Oops.........forgot this. How come they never list Suites on this category fare list? :confused: I would love to know what the difference in price would be. Forget the fake booking..................fares are always way too high there. I booked an 8C Balcony on the Empress Deck on the Conquest. I think I may have missed out on the Lido Deck. That is the reason I want to know what my options are.

Oops.........forgot this. How come they never list Suites on this category fare list? :confused: I would love to know what the difference in price would be. Forget the fake booking..................fares are always way too high there. I booked an 8C Balcony on the Empress Deck on the Conquest. I think I may have missed out on the Lido Deck. That is the reason I want to know what my options are.

The fare for the "fake booking" will be exactly the same as the FareViewer. I have no problem viewing suites on the sample cruises I checked.

Just to make sure here: If you're booked Early Saver, you can get price drops for Early Saver rate for as long as it's offered (expires 3 months before sailaway for cruises 5 days or less and 5 months for cruises 6+ days) and for any other rate (Past Guest, yourstate Resident, Senior, Military....) that you're eligible for, up to 2 business days before sailing. So, if you're 55+ and a Senior Rate is offered that covers your Cabin Category, you can get that lower rate AND you remain Early Saver.

WRT "Upgrades" It was also recently explained to me that if you get a price drop on your 8C, for example, you can (1) check OBC and get credit for the price drop and remain in your assigned 8C or (2) you can check upgrade and have that price drop applied to upgrade to a higher category. You would have to explain this in the comments section and maybe suggest several upgrade cabins you'd like. You might have to do some extra work on this as I don't see it very often.

Post if you have more concerns!

ken

The above doesn't always work. We had an aft wrap on the Magic last year and of course those sold out quickly while all of the other categories were dropping like stones. Finally the ocean suites dropped below what we paid for the wrap. I submitted a request and asked to have the OBC and keep the cabin. That was denied and we had to move to the suite but we each still received $650 in credit. Not that moving to a suite was a hardship and the $1300 was a nice chunk of change. Just know that you might have to move to get the OBC.

Archived